Sign in to follow this  
tekredsox

fms database

hi i just got the wilco pic 737 and the fms says navdatabase out of date can you guys help me where do i get the database update and where do i install it to i got the free one from feel there and it installed to fsx folder but when i open wilco 737 it still shows out of date help please

You would need to purchase a subscription from Navigraph:http://www.navigraph.com/www/default.asp

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

i downloaded ver 610 from wilco/feelthere tried putting in feel there pic 737 folder and fsx the fmc reads version 610 but at bottom it also reads database out of date ??? when i try to import saved plans from fsx flight planner it says cannot import plan whats up with that am i doing something wrong? when i type for ex origin klax then go to departure to pic runway there is nothing there help please

i downloaded ver 610 from wilco/feelthere tried putting in feel there pic 737 folder and fsx the fmc reads version 610 but at bottom it also reads database out of date ??? when i try to import saved plans from fsx flight planner it says cannot import plan whats up with that am i doing something wrong? when i type for ex origin klax then go to departure to pic runway there is nothing there help please
Your database is, as the fmc says, out of date. It is more than six months old. You will have to go to navigraph and pay them to get a newer one. I suspect your problem with importing plans from the fsx planner is that they are in xml format rather than the older FS9 format. It's been a while since I flew the plane so I don't remember all the details but I believe there is an option to load the active flight plan into the fmc via the 'route request' key - if that's the case you have to load a plan from the flight planner into your session and then load that plan into the fmc using that option. So, you turn on the battery, get ground power or fire up the apu, align the irs and initialize position, go to the route page and use the route request key after having loaded a plan into the flight using the flight planner.DJ

support forum -http://forum.iemit.com

reads version 610 but at bottom it also reads database out of date ???
because it is out of date. 0610 = cycle 10, year 2006. the download on feelThere's site is 100% the same as what you have with the 737 product.the update is on feelThere's site for persons that have older CD or download purchases that have an older AIRAC. feelThere discontinued updates as the datasource left the public domain. navigraph provides an AIRAC update service superior to any that any developer could afford or manage.as stated by persons above, and in the support forum ( http://forum.iemit.com ) to get updates puchase from navigraph.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

sorry about all the questions but i also have the airbus series vol 1 deluxw and when i load the airplane on the gauge panel the alttitude is the but not speed setting or heading when i turn the speed or heading dial no numbers appear . and on the heading bug on the cockpit main panel it says no map available and no heading . is this because of the fmc out of date also or something else .ive never seen when u are sitting on the runway no heading indication on the dashboard .help

i just downloaded the latest navdata cycle what folder do i extract to thanks
It defaults to the correct folder. Just keep hitting 'next' :(

just wondering if i have 2 add ons i have the pic 737 and vol 1 airbus i have the navadata for those planes they are both outside the fsx folder seeing as fsx doesnt use the navdata because those planes dont have an fmc just confused

Guest nzch2010
just wondering if i have 2 add ons i have the pic 737 and vol 1 airbus i have the navadata for those planes they are both outside the fsx folder seeing as fsx doesnt use the navdata because those planes dont have an fmc just confused
Why do you have the planes installed outside of FSX ? They won't work!!! The wilco planes do have an FMC. The default planes don't. When you are dealing with 3rd party aircraft, forget about the default planes. They have no bearing on what you are trying to achieve.The Wilco Airbus Vol 1 uses the same navdata as the wilco 737, it should by default install to "yourfsxdrive:\MS flightsim X\feelthere\NDDon't change the install path. It does not and will not work installed out of FSX or any other dir but the default. If you don't play with it. it will work. The feelthere dir in your fsx folder is not where the 737 or airbus is installed, that is in fsx/simobjects\airplanes so try not to confuse the two.

I guess the people have you over a stump you buy the softwre and you duy the navigraph and before you know it the software costs you a thousand or better.Is there a way around it???

First of all, the message 'nav data out of date' doesn't have more than an informational purpose in the sim. You can use the (old) data perfectly and it will even be newer than anything from the FSX default stuff. In the case of the 737PIC Evo, that should be some late 2011 data. In the case of the Evo Airbus, this may be the case too. I don't run them, but I'm sure they come with a nice and fully usable set of nav data out of the box.If you are running the older 737PIC, the nav data may indeed be older, but it should be there and, again, is usable.Now if you want to stay super current, you may get some more updates from Navigraph. They don't cost you an arm or a leg, but very few Euros. You don't need this if you just want to fly some 2011 stuff (you may need equally current charts for that!) and even when flying online, you may not any current data. So that 'thousands of Dollars' statement doesn't have a basis it can rely on.The Feelthere database should be at FeelThereNd in your FSX root folder. To install, just trust the folks stating that hitting 'next' will most likely catch exactly this folder and update your nav data.

I guess the people have you over a stump you buy the softwre and you duy the navigraph and before you know itthe software costs you a thousand or better.Is there a way around it???
You don't have to buy the Navigraph updates.It will work just fine with Navdata out of date.So no-one's over a Stump.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg