Sign in to follow this  
Guest DrJimi

Announcement: new "groundhandling" gauges

I have just uploaded a new version of my "groundhandling" gauges to the library, so it should be available soon. And yes, it's still free :-).File: rcbgh-31.zipIt contains a.o. pushback control, taxispeed control, brakepressure and brakesounds.It includes an all-new sound playing mechanism, made by R.L. Clark (THANKS !), and everything works for both FS2002 AND FS2004.New features a.o.:- Several new pushback and control/attention sounds, like "roll" sound.- Extensive consistancy control, like "you cannot start pushback while aircraft is moving" and "you cannot activate taxispeed control with the engines off".- Brakes sound gauge- Much improved Taxispeed control algoritm, using Throttle AND Brakes- Can now be used in any panel for any aircraft: no more problems with "magneto" aircraft, and the gauges can now be at any position in the panel (including main panel)- All '.xml gauges and required bitmaps now bundled into one .cab file.- Complete package, not depending on addon's like FSsound or FSUIPC.Includes a comprehensive manual, with installation and upgrade instructions.Enjoy .....Rob Barendregt

Guest crashing_pilot

great stuff Rob,thanks for making it available mate ;-)if you happen to be thirsty,and find yourself in Friesland,come get a beer or something.

Hoi Tom,If (and when) I come in Friesland, I'd rather drink a Beerenburg :-)(Don't know how to write that, only how to drink it :-) )Cheers, Rob

Guest crashing_pilot

No problemo Rob,lot's of Beerenburg factories here...only one is good enough tho:Sonnema.See ya(do NOT design after finishing a bottle of Beerenburg...but i think you know that one ;-) )

For those of you that have problems with the "brakes-not-releasing" issue I described in the README (for which I added the NoBrake version of the gauge):You are probably using FS2004 AND the registered version of FSUIPC.I have found what the problem actually is, and have a new version of the taxispeed gauge. But before I upload it I want one or two testers first, preferably persons who have this problem now.. So if you are interested: please send me an EMail (see README for address) Rob

Guest Johnp40

HI RobJust installed it, works great many thanks for your work ,its much appreciated.It worked on all aircraft I tried it with perfectly, except when using it with Fanda's Dash8 I get Pushback but I hear no sounds.I will recheck My panel.cfg for this aircraft.Thanks againJohn

Guest JerBear

HelpI have been working on this for hours. no gauge in the 747 panel, I did everything to the letter. I did the one for 747 aircraft. did I missomthing. thanks JerBear

Guest DrJimi

Successfully installed in the PMDG 737NG, except I installed the button icon in Window 1 (PMDG Main panel), not Window 0 as you documented. Works excellent, except for one minor issue that may be related to your brakes post -- I am using the registered FSUIPC. Sometimes after auto taxi the "foot" brakes will not work, confirmed by no brake pressure on your gauge. Parking brake does work, but it's a sudden stop :-)I'd be glad to test a revised version if you feel it may be of value. I'll email you.Thanks, Jimi

""...except I installed the button icon in Window 1 (PMDG Main panel), not Window 0 as you documented ...""Hi Jimi,Yes of course you can. Come to think of it, that "the position of the icon is also flexible" must be the only thing I didn't document :-)Drop me an email, and I'll send you the update.Rob

Guest champion

>Successfully installed in the PMDG 737NG, except I installed>the button icon in Window 1 (PMDG Main panel), not Window 0 as>you documented. Works excellent, except for one minor issue>that may be related to your brakes post -- I am using the>registered FSUIPC. Sometimes after auto taxi the "foot" brakes>will not work, confirmed by no brake pressure on your gauge.>Parking brake does work, but it's a sudden stop Thanks Rob for great add-on. Just like in above I install with no problem but yes there is some issues with braking and I also use register FSUIPC. Another question I have, if is possible to make Icon_Pushback invisible, I had it set that way for your older work.Thanks again and looking forward for an upgrade to the brakes.

Guest moshe_be

I used:gauge24=rcb_groundhandling!Icon_Pushback, 129,566,12,12It's above the other icons.