Sign in to follow this  
axelb9

Best sun ever!

enb2011_1_29_18_46_0.jpgFinally not the small ball or the supernova but a sun that is actually shining and looks like the real thing.It is part of the new Sandon Lyon package (Real H2O). Bloom was not used here.Alex

And?
Yeah . . . uh, JEEPERS, that's great Alex -- we're all SO happy for YOU. Big%20Grin.gif Would you like to share with us where you got it, what it's from, etc.?

Yeah . . . uh, JEEPERS, that's great Alex -- we're all SO happy for YOU. Big%20Grin.gif Would you like to share with us where you got it, what it's from, etc.?
Ok I admit based on the responses maybe not the right audience here - should have posted in the screenshot section. Edited original to contain the source. This has been intended for those who care for scenery improvements.

Yes, maybe the most realistic sun I have seen for FS9. You are in the correct forum if the screen-shot is 'seen' from a technical/add-on point of view. Since you mentioned H2O package, I would kindly request if you could you please post some water images in Screen Shots forum, just to have an idea of the H20 package water mod. Thanks Sam

Edited by SLKVP

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

Yes, maybe the most realistic sun I have seen for FS9. You are in the correct forum if the screen-shot is 'seen' from a technical/add-on point of view. Since you mentioned H2O package, I would kindly request if you could you please post some water images in Screen Shots forum, just to have an idea of the H20 package water mod. Thanks Sam
Thanks for the confirmation. This is how I meant however the first 'reply' left me in doubts.OK I will do however still pictures downgraded to 1024 wide jpeg do not really give it justice as the real real strength is in the water animation and the dynamic environment reflection maps. Will try later on nevertheless.Alex

What´s that plane? Maybe a Beech 18 or ...
Pretty close :( . It is a Howard Aero 500, excellent freeware by Milton Shupe. He also did a great Beech 18 as well.Alex

To think of the fun filled hours I logged in uncle Milty's Howard 500 way back when. What a great freeware plane she is.

To think of the fun filled hours I logged in uncle Milty's Howard 500 way back when. What a great freeware plane she is.
Agree :( The only problem is that I am a scenery freak - hence the thread and my boyish enthousiasm about a decent sun - yet this is no sightseeing aircraft - you gotta work. What? No autopilot and you need to trim and scan the instruments constantly? What? No speedbrakes, yet it descents with 300? What? Basically no brakes on the runway after landing? Yet as you said its immense fun - almost like the Harley of the sky.Alex

Please provide some water screen shots and a few more in game information, I've been so close to purchasing H20, but still can't see a benefit over ReX.

Please provide some water screen shots and a few more in game information, I've been so close to purchasing H20, but still can't see a benefit over ReX.
OK I will do a few in the evening however as said about these reduced quality still pictures cannot convey the real strength of the product.Nobody says you cannot use and enjoy both however. Some of the best screenshot makers in fact use both or rather use REX and the predecessor of this package which is Real Sky Pro. REX of course is a more polished product and package with significantly more invested in its marketing effort. Still the real strength of REX has always been in its cloud textures and some used the Zinertek water instead of its own so that already was a combinatin of one other package with REX. I myself hated Zinertek water as well because of the overly brilliant reflections. Real H2O is now another alternative for water and sky to be used alongside the REX clouds if one so wishes. I myself use FEX though.Alex