Sign in to follow this  
Guest 413X3

What did I do wrong? Only active runways selectable

Guest 413X3

And the game crashes when I try and click fly now. Every airport only has "Active Runway" selectable, even though using AFX there are still afcad files. I just installed KORS and an updated library, but something messed up? Now I can't fly now. Help!

And the game crashes when I try and click fly now. Every airport only has "Active Runway" selectable, even though using AFX there are still afcad files. I just installed KORS and an updated library, but something messed up? Now I can't fly now. Help!
you have a serious problem...maybe try to re-install

A re-install, assuming you're talking about FSX, should be a last resort kinda thing, not the first move in troubleshooting...What have you added and changed? Try and undo those specific things. How's your scenery.cfg file doing?

Mike...

Reverting your computer to a restore point just before the suspected download is usually the least painful option.

Art

Guest 413X3

I think this had something to do with an orbx install that failed. KORS installer failed for some reason, I ran it again and it worked okay the 2nd time. But it must have done something weird to my scenery config. Can't think of anything else I did then except install the latest version of ground environment usa

You can find your scenery.cfg at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and if you're lucky, an automated backup was made as you've installed the latest things. Maybe you can clear some things up there.

I have a similar problem, and it seems to be connected to the Free Flight tab. Whenever I get into that tab, I do not hear any sounds when clicking on buttons. I usually have to wait for a few minutes untl the FSX UI returns to normal (so that I hear the buttons again). When it gets to that point, all locations are selectable for me in airports. If I do not wait until I hear the buttons again, then I can only select the active runway, just like you. The button-sound issue does not occur when I am in another tab, however. I can't really remember when the problem occurred for the first time, but my guess is that it started after installing OrbX stuff. It already happened before installing UTX:Europe, of that I'm sure. As it is, I simply live with it. I can still use the sim and to be honest, my FPS around FSDT's KJFK has never been better (it is quite bad around Aerosoft EHAM, though, which is a great pity).

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

A re-install, assuming you're talking about FSX, should be a last resort kinda thing, not the first move in troubleshooting...What have you added and changed? Try and undo those specific things. How's your scenery.cfg file doing?
no was refering to KORS reinstall as that seem to brought about the issue..!

I had this problem also after installing an ORBX update. I solved it by opening FTX Central and selecting Global and hitting apply. Then I selected North America and then hit apply. Was fixed after that.

I got pretty freaked out. I dread the day I have to reinstall FSX....

I had this problem also after installing an ORBX update. I solved it by opening FTX Central and selecting Global and hitting apply. Then I selected North America and then hit apply. Was fixed after that.

I got pretty freaked out. I dread the day I have to reinstall FSX....

Check the date of the post before yours: FTXG was not released in 2011, so while this solution may have helped you, it obviously is not the ultimate one.