Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

DCS: A-10C

If you are at all familiar with the Lock On series of sims or KA-50 Blackshark, this uses the same engine. With my rig it will stutter if I have everything maxed out, including having the ground foliage maxed out (FPS killer!), but the FPS still stay above 30 as measured by FRAPS even during intense combat missions with units totalling probably in the hundreds.I must say that with the high fidelity of the aircraft models and the complexity of the depiction of the A-10's cockpit, not to mention the very well rendered ground vehicles and people (not 2D sprites!) and the large cities, I was very impressed by how high the framerate is (especially when compared with FSX...).

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Without a doubt buy it!I'm on a 2.94 i7, Radeon 5870 and FPS is never an issue, no stutters and everything is maxed out. They are the PMDG of combat sims and deserve every dollar of the purchase price.I would have been happy paying 100 bucks for this.

Noah Bryant

Took forever to dl via DSL but got it. Awsome aircraft.1) had to update trackIR SW to latest to run it with 64bit version of A10, works great.2) micro-stuttering at times if really high setting used, compromised and got pretty smooth flying experience.3) joystick/pedal assignment is rather cumbersome but now working, must play with sensitivity settings...4) TM Hotas cougar profile has to be made for this sim. 5) graphics is well done, VC fluidity is exceptional. Now, need to RTFM to understand how to setup and fly this ugly bird!Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Just bought it from Direct2Drive, looking forward to playing it. I played the Ka-50 DCS sim, and that was truly incredible. The physics, realism, and framerate were all amazing. If only FSX could have a modern engine like that... If anyone cares, you can use the coupon code 148AE5431C469231B983B8790E95D22C to get 15% off on Direct2Drive.

Can't use Track IR with this sim.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

> Can't use Track IR with this sim. It's working fine for me. Had to install TrackIR_5.1.beta.03.exe to get it to work, DCS:A10C is in the title/profile.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Ah, how I envy you all! I've run into a tiny activation problem right before the weekend so I had to send in a support ticket, and tomorrow lessons at the university start again! :) But I'll be back...Regarding DCS making a civilian sim: A-10C turned out so awesome in part because the scenery and the aircraft available (just 1) could be made in mindboggling detail. Doing an entire world or even only a continent and a couple of aircraft, say the default FSX ones, in such detail would be difficult to say the least. We're seeing it today, even doing "just" one aircraft in great detail can take a lot of time.

Fabrizio Sassi

Forgot to mention I have Track IR4.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Dude, that's what I have, too.> Forgot to mention I have Track IR4.

Worked, Thanks!