Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fortress

just my two cents...

Guest SoarPics

Well, let's see... how best to address this?Try this on, checkpointcharlie: Opinions are like backsides. Everybody has one and some of them really stink.There is no country in the world that is perfect. But to blame the worlds' woes on the U.S. is, well... absurd.

well i think it is really sad of what happened in the state, i dont commend what the terrorist did,however it would be good if the media put things into perspective, there have been millions of people killed - innocent lives lost - throughout history,i.e hiroshima and nagaski, innocent lives lost from a american bomb,millions affectedplease America put things into perspective!

Guest SoarPics

"i.e hiroshima and nagaski, innocent lives lost from a american bomb,millions affectedplease America put things into perspective!"Would that be your perspective, or a rational one?"however it would be good if the media put things into perspective, there have been millions of people killed - innocent lives lost - throughout history,"And that calamity is entirely the fault of the U.S.? Any intelligent person knows that any form of media cannot be counted upon to produce an unbiased perspective. That responsibility falls to each of us. What media have you been following, and when will you gain a balanced perspective?

Yes, checkpoint, lives were lost at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, maybe 100,000 of them. It put an end to a war started by two countries that killed upwards of 10 million people. But that doesn't count if we're bashing the United States.After all, they were only Jews, Chinese and assorted other subhumans.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki ????? Lets see who were the ones who bombed Pearl Harbor?I disagree with your perspective sir. All of your points are missing one key word. All of the United States military actions have been RETALIATIONS to someone elses aggressions except for our Civil War. In all cases somebody started killing innocent people i.e. a really bad dude, Saddam, Ho Chi Mihn, Osama, ect. What other way would you have suggested to stop them sir?GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jeff

Guest Paul_W

One wonders how much you know.Are you intimately aware of what the ##### did to the Jews and others in WWII? Have you seen the documentaries? Even the film "Schindler's List" is well worth seeing to get some idea of what happened there. So you can display a silly misspelled graphic lamenting the massive bombing of German cities and the loss of life during the 1943 through 1945 period, but without the wider context it's just stupid isn't it?Are you aware of what the Japanese did to the Chinese in WWII? Look up the Rape of Nanking some time. It was horrific.The Japanese were simply fanatical and were not going to surrender despite all the reverses they suffered. It was estimated that one million US servicemen could have lost their lives in an invasion of Japan to bring the war to an end. But instead, the difficult decision was made to use atomic weapons to bring about the end more quickly. And still several days passed after the first weapon was dropped; they just wouldn't give in.But after the war the US helped both Japan and Europe get back on their feet. You've heard of the Marshall Plan? Some will point out there was an element of self-interest for the US in that case--but so what, it helped them.Who goes to war with a country and then helps to rebuild it? The US. The US is a very benign presence in this world; God knows where we'd be without them. Did you see the smiles in Kabul after the US evicted the Taliban? No more public execution of women in the soccer stadium there for doing next to nothing. Why, men could even shave.Then we could talk about the "God bless America" signs put out in Grenada and Panama after the US had evicted the nuts running those places. And we could talk about the exodus of Cubans and Vietnamese from countries that are still being run by communists. Fidel has ruined Cuba. He has a nice place to live though.Look at Korea. In the South there's prosperity; they just co-hosted the world's biggest sporting event, and to considerable acclaim from what I read. In the North there's starvation. And where's the line? It was a line the US helped to draw to bring that conflict to a close.Iraqi children are suffering? Why would you blame the US? Power in that place is currently in the hands of a brutal madman who invaded Kuwait, threatened Saudi Arabia, sent missiles flying into Israel, and torched scores of oilfields.I don't expect any of this will have an impact on you given that ridiculous (ultra-left?) graphic you posted, but others might be interested to read it. Maybe I can agree with you on one thing though: If at all possible it makes more sense to take out the leadership of brutal and aggressive regimes rather than tens or hundreds of thousands of the people who fight on their behalf. Several attempts were made on a really bad dude's life by his own officers during WWII, but of course he survived until the bunker. And now the US has changed its own rules to allow foreign leaderships to be targeted. But look what it took to get that changed.The best solution in Iraq would be for someone there to take out Saddam Hussein. Knowing that the place is going to suffer another destruction might be enough to make it happen too. But if it comes to destroying the place again to prevent that madman from launching nuclear weapons at Isreal or anywhere else, then that's going to happen I'm afraid. And hopefully you, and the UN Secretary General, and the Euros who keep referring to the US as a "cowboy," will make an effort to grasp the fact that it's done at US expense to prevent the use of nuclear weapons. And to make the world safer. Some of us non-Americans are actually grateful for that.

With all due respect...Your message just goes to show how bad case of corridor-vision some of you americans have, when it comes to military actions and US' own shortcomings.The picture in the first post only tries to make one THINK of the RELATIVITY of the 911 attacks. Sure, it's horrible, no one denies that. But you HAVE TO think bigger than that.There are many humanitarian treaties that the US has not ratified, and the US has single-handedly executed tens of thousands of civilians alone in the middle east, in the name of military actions.My God, people, take your head off your a*se and READ the FACTS.Terops. I know that many people see US as purely evil, which I do not agree with, but I truly hope that, in the name of historical justice, all things should be considered when evaluating US' beningness. Simple, really.

PPL(A)

Guest SoarPics

Tero,Speaking as a citizen of the world, not as an American, I saw the cartoon in the first post as nothing more than blatant propaganda blaming one country for the woes and horrors of the past half century. It was a perfect example of the lack of perspective the poster blames America of having. In a word, it was hypocritical. And the original poster's subsequent effort to portray the use of nuclear weapons to end World War II as murdering innocent civilians was nothing short of contemptable. A war that easily would have extracted millions more of innocent victims before a Japenese capitulaion was brought to a swift conclusion.Finally I'd like to address your claim that "the US has single-handedly executed tens of thousands of civilians alone in the middle east, in the name of military actions." If you would be so kind as to present evidence of such action, I and a majority of Americans would gladly stand with you in calling for the prosecution, in an international court of justice, of any and all American leadership responsible for said acts. All we need is irrefutable proof (you see, most Americans are reluctant to prosecute anybody without strong evidence. We like to make sure.).Regards,

hmmm... :-rollI agree with the other replies, the actions of the US were to stop wars or to stop wars/killings etc. The US does not go in with the idea to kill civilians, they do not go in and bomb with the intention to kill as many civilians a spossible like the Palestinian Suicide bombers and the low-life terrorists that struck on 9/11. The US never took a plane full of civilians and flew it into buildings full of civilians. These terrorists are too scared to fight man to man, they have to attack civilians like cowards and they use themselves as as a trigger for whatever weapon they have....pfff and they say that they will go to heaven/paradise after completing their mission. :-rollEven as a non-american I stand behind them 100%. Yes USA does interfere with a lot of countries but they only do it with good intentions so stop whatever is happening. When a nation is in disaster who is the first country (usualy) to offer help? Who is the first country to send rescuers or equipment after a major disaster? I saw some people reffer to USA as the Policaman of the world...I preffer to see them as the babysitter of the world. I am not saying that all nations need baby-sitting but the USA does help whenever help is needed.I would be proud to ba an American at any time!OK...my fustration is over!Mike

You are a joke.You don't even have the facts correct, and the FALSE things you list make you a hypocrite.You try to link Hiroshima and Vietnam to what is going on in Iraq.That is weak attempt since you have no other debating techniques to use.It is a copout.When you retract your false and untrue comments, then maybe we can have a discussion. If you want to debate Vietnam or Hiroshima, starta another thread.In other words, start living in the reality of the present.Regards,JoePS - I await your apology and retraction for your misstatements. If you have any integrity, that is. Up to You, Charlie..Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 1) 78 Pics in Frames with 1mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection Recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics1/FrameSet.htm.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 2) 106 Pics in Frames with 1.5mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics2/FrameSet.htm.Picture Gallery of My Flight in a 1945 SNJ-6 on June 1st, 2002Joliet, Illinoishttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/FrameSet.htm.http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

"i.e hiroshima and nagaski, innocent lives lost from a american bomb,..."of course, that was in a war started because of a sneak attack by Japan against the U.S.Had the U.S. not acted, hundreds of thousands of more Americans and countless japanese would have been lost in the enusing fighting.Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

Checkpointcharlie,What country are you from? Do you have first name or handle? Are you a young person? That information would help in understanding your perspective. Without the above information, an unsigned post accompanied by unbalance statements which are unencumbered by historical fact is really sort of gutless. Plus your timing (9/11) sort of stinks. Why do US bashers assume that Americans have no clue or perspective relative to our role in history? Most are quite aware of it. The good, the bad and the ugly. On balance we feel we have done a good job. Besides, most of the free world has been content to have the US and Britain do the heavy lifting. I am tired of the bashing. As far as I am concerned it is time for the US to fold up the umbrella that has protected the free world for the last 40 years. We need to step aside and allow reasonable leaders in Europe, Africa and Asia to work out there differences. Future leaders with role models such as Slobodan Milosovich, Adolf a really bad dude, Mussolini, OBL, Sadam Hussein and Mula Omar. Have a ball. BobP Philadelphia, USAOld dude

Guest SoarPics

Yep, Bob, I too at times feel like throwing my hands up and just let them dig deeper and deeper holes for each other. But then I remind myself that the free world will still foot the bill in the end anyway. So I want a say in what happens half way around the world. Because one way or another the actions of a few selfish, despotic, cowards will effect you and I. That's just the way it is in today's world.