Sign in to follow this  
deadlyinertia

As we wait...

Talking about worst rig ever, I've just recieved an "out of available memory" warning when departing KJFK on a route over North Pole to Beijing with the MD-11. I found it a little weird because I was having a "nice" performance of about 10-15 FPS, my average in heavy airports. I was climbing at about FL200 checking the ELEC SD when FS crashed. I don't have the best PC, but I get about 15 to 25 FPS (my limit) at lighter airports. In SBGL, for example, I have a great performance with relatively high graphics and traffic, even with the MD-11. My settings are between Medium High to High. Generally I avoid flying in heavy airports for two reasons:1- Too much traffic.It's not because I don't like traffic, but because default ATC can't handle 'very' well many arrivals and departures at only one runway. Two in the case of KJFK.2- My performance is not good enough.I prefer to fly at other airports with better graphics than reduce my settings (and consequently realism) to get better FPS.

Matheus Mafra

You guys have time to look at your wings during approach? My PMDG experience is limited to the 744, but I have to say I never have time even to scratch my butt, let alone look out a window! Nail%20Biting.gif
Sure you can lol, just watch a replay after you land....

I get what you mean. I remember the first time I saw NG 737s. Being used to 'short winged' classics i was amazed by the length of the wings and the winglets made them look even more oversize. Its fun watching the wing bob up and down while taxing Big%20Grin.gif I'm really looking foward to the HUD too!!
Yes!!!Big%20Grin.gif Thats what I'm talking about its crazy watching the wings do that, I used to fly on Southwest airlines all the time, every time we hit a bump, or a taxi light, or something on the ground all I would see is the wings wobble wobble wobble LOL. I also remember the pilots spooling the engines up when the plane is loosing speed while taxing, it's like there playing with the throttle pushing it to 35% N1 or something and then pushing them back down to a taxi idle position really fast....Idk I really cant wait for this plane to come out, its my favorite plane of all time!!!Tounge.gif

Yes!!!Big%20Grin.gif Thats what I'm talking about its crazy watching the wings do that, I used to fly on Southwest airlines all the time, every time we hit a bump, or a taxi light, or something on the ground all I would see is the wings wobble wobble wobble LOL. I also remember the pilots spooling the engines up when the plane is loosing speed while taxing, it's like there playing with the throttle pushing it to 35% N1 or something and then pushing them back down to a taxi idle position really fast....Idk I really cant wait for this plane to come out, its my favorite plane of all time!!!Tounge.gif
I also love that taxi thing, the pilots at American Do it as well, and the aircraft rocks side to side and accelerates and then slows to taxi speed. Love it!Drooling.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest 747dash8

I am just looking forward to flying a descent 737 on my new system, it might be out when I am done, might.

I am just looking forward to flying a descent 737 on my new system, it might be out when I am done, might.
My PC which is new will be outdated by the time the 737NGX arrives

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

My PC which is new will be outdated by the time the 737NGX arrives
LOL, so true! It is the never ending cycle. I upgraded my old i7 920 to the new Sandybridge 2600k CPU last weekend and installed the hardware and then installed windows fresh and all my addons. I didn't really get to take her out for a rip yet and i am anxiously waiting for this weekend so i can test. I am going to take my old mother board and CPU and install it into my media centre PC and then try and convince one of my relatives to let me build them a new system using my 'ancient' dual core which for their purposes will be lightning fast and already light years ahead of what they have. ;)

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

To you guys that do the long haul flights, Do you have to take the rotation of the earth into effect while flying?
Funny, my science teacher did a lesson about the coriolis effect. I was wanting to say, but didn't, that what she was teaching was not true, as the waypoints we fly over are on a position on the Earth. Its the winds that make the plane fly the direction it does, not the turning of the Earth.

Oke oke.. Here is the release date of the ngx..The roll out is 28-4-2011. Today i saw a car license plate on the highway and that was... 28-NGX-4So that is 28 of april

Oke oke.. Here is the release date of the ngx..The roll out is 28-4-2011. Today i saw a car license plate on the highway and that was... 28-NGX-4So that is 28 of aprili didnt want to reply