Sign in to follow this  
jbassue

As we wait...

What do you guys look forward to most on the Work house 737? I'm really psyched for the Flaps 40', there is just something about Flaps that get my attention. That and the VC! Share your opinions, pictorially too!

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

You're right about the flaps. When the flaps are at 40' they're really great, especially if they are abit dirty and in wing-view mode. I'm really curious about how far PMDG came to simulate the reality. Cannot wait to push the trottles alittle bit forward to taxi to a runway at a nice add-on airport, to line up the 737, pushing the trottles forward, hearing the "crying" engines the first secondes and then.... ROTATE!

You're right about the flaps. When the flaps are at 40' they're really great, especially if they are abit dirty and in wing-view mode. I'm really curious about how far PMDG came to simulate the reality. Cannot wait to push the trottles alittle bit forward to taxi to a runway at a nice add-on airport, to line up the 737, pushing the trottles forward, hearing the "crying" engines the first secondes and then.... ROTATE!
You know what else is lovely? The whining of the engine from the front of the aircraft. Oh my, my, my, my, my, my. And the moment of suspense when you hear, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10.... TOUCH! And in RL, if the captains hold it over the runway and then let it drop and you get thrown forward wub.gif. What also compliments Flap 40' is spoiler up, like in Reverse thrust, seeing the oil, dirt, and grime on the Flap so gorgeous, I wish I could rent a wing for a day lol *Winks at PMDG.* . EDIT: I can't help it your the first person I've met interested in this, I also love the Spoiler when it rumbles on touchdown, and the shaking of the flaps as well, then you think to yourself "Imagine the forces they take on." My brother is studying Aeronautical Engineering, I hope he hooks me up with some photos lol. Anyone can you answer this, Have you noticed on-board a flight, you have just finished push-back, the engines are off still, you are hearing that sound like a generator and then it goes silent, the lights go off, and then the engine starts. What causes the flickering of the light?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I am really looking forward to the airline-specific options and hope that this feature is included in the initial release. AFAIK it was part of the original NG and I missed that feature on the 747 and MD11. It's hard to pick a favorite from all the cool features. The terrain map will be awesome as well as the whole FMC. @Jamalje:Could you be referring to the APU or the starter motor?The flickering is probably caused by changing from one power source to another.

I am really looking forward to the airline-specific options and hope that this feature is included in the initial release. AFAIK it was part of the original NG and I missed that feature on the 747 and MD11. It's hard to pick a favorite from all the cool features. The terrain map will be awesome as well as the whole FMC. @Jamalje:Could you be referring to the APU or the starter motor?The flickering is probably caused by changing from one power source to another.
I'm guessing it's that, Because the power the Air-plane gets on the ground is External Right? And then they convert to the Power source on the air-plane If I'm not mistaken.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I am looking Forward to all of the options. I also love the fact that in the same time as a long haul flight (example 9-10 hours) I will be able to do about 5 flights with the NGX.(touring different continents). I can't wait to get my hands on a 737-700 in Easyjet colours (with the winglets of course even though EZY dont have winglets) and fly in and out of my home Airport (Newcastle). It will be interesting to see just how many options are available to play with. the 737 is amazing and I am grateful that PMDG are creating such an amazing plane for FSX. The 737 and 777 are my favourite machines and PMDG are making both :)!!!!

What you are hearing is the packs being turned of. The packs are basically the air system. I could get into it, but it would be better to read the manual. Anyway, when you are performing an APU start, the packs are turned off right before startup to give them more air pressure for an APU start. So that is why you hear kind a kind of loud whooshing noise, the it stops and you only hear the hum/buzz of the aircraft, then the engines start, and you gear the packs come back on. Hope this helps.

If the lights 'flicker' then it wouldn't be from ground power being turned off, because ground power is disconnected before pushback. If they turn off, and then come back on after start, or just turn off conpletely, it might be due to some airline's SOPs. Sone airlines have the cabin lights tunrned off for start so that your eyes will be acclimated to whatever the exterior light is so that if there is a problem during start, and you have to evacuate the plane, you will be situationally aware once you're outside the aircraft. Otherwise, if it was bright in the plane, but less bright outside, you would not be able to see well until your eyes got used to the change. This also allows for less glare on the windows if you need to look outside and see potential hazards in the event of an evacuation.

What you are hearing is the packs being turned of. The packs are basically the air system. I could get into it, but it would be better to read the manual. Anyway, when you are performing an APU start, the packs are turned off right before startup to give them more air pressure for an APU start. So that is why you hear kind a kind of loud whooshing noise, the it stops and you only hear the hum/buzz of the aircraft, then the engines start, and you gear the packs come back on. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much, I understand much clearer, As we speak I'm doing my Favourite leg, KMIA-KDFW in the CS757. Really nice to see New Orleans from up here. Some real harsh weather conditions at FL370 guys! Haha, don't stop captains keep posting.Share your Real Life experiences as well. I love to hear them.Nerd.gif

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Thank you so much, I understand much clearer, As we speak I'm doing my Favourite leg, KMIA-KDFW in the CS757. Really nice to see New Orleans from up here. Some real harsh weather conditions at FL370 guys! Haha, don't stop captains keep posting.Share your Real Life experiences as well. I love to hear them.Nerd.gif
No prob, I responded to you lights question just now as well. In the 757, on the EDIT: right (I got my left and right mixed up. What am I, 4 years old?) side of the OH panel, there should be a bleed air panel. (I would think CS would have modeled this) next time you are about to start, open the isolation valve as well as the APU bleed air valve. Then notice the positions of the needles in the gauge. Next, turn off the packs, and watch the pressure rise. =) This is of course subjective to whether CS modeled this system.

I am looking forward to having the first properly detailed short-medium jet for FSX

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

No prob, I responded to you lights question just now as well. In the 757, on the EDIT: right (I got my left and right mixed up. What am I, 4 years old?) side of the OH panel, there should be a bleed air panel. (I would think CS would have modeled this) next time you are about to start, open the isolation valve as well as the APU bleed air valve. Then notice the positions of the needles in the gauge. Next, turn off the packs, and watch the pressure rise. =) This is of course subjective to whether CS modeled this system.
Yup, it is there Applause.gif Amazing what it takes for these birds to fly.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

You know what else is lovely? The whining of the engine from the front of the aircraft. Oh my, my, my, my, my, my. And the moment of suspense when you hear, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10.... TOUCH! And in RL, if the captains hold it over the runway and then let it drop and you get thrown forward wub.gif. What also compliments Flap 40' is spoiler up, like in Reverse thrust, seeing the oil, dirt, and grime on the Flap so gorgeous, I wish I could rent a wing for a day lol *Winks at PMDG.* . EDIT: I can't help it your the first person I've met interested in this, I also love the Spoiler when it rumbles on touchdown, and the shaking of the flaps as well, then you think to yourself "Imagine the forces they take on." My brother is studying Aeronautical Engineering, I hope he hooks me up with some photos lol. Anyone can you answer this, Have you noticed on-board a flight, you have just finished push-back, the engines are off still, you are hearing that sound like a generator and then it goes silent, the lights go off, and then the engine starts. What causes the flickering of the light?
Switching from APU generator to engine generators?Bert van Bulck

Funny thing you should ask this question.The 737 is going to show me that short haul flight planning is going to be FAR easier than long haul flight planning, which is all I've ever done.I think I gonna have to embrace a new way of thinking.....