Sign in to follow this  
Sim pilot

Airline gate codes

I do not intend to get "in the middle" of this discussion/argument, but would simply point out that I am the author of the VIP "Guide" which has been mention so often.The "Guides" (one for FS2004 and a slightly different one for FSX) were compiled after extensive consultations with Jim Vile and Reggie Fields - both recognized experts in many facets of FS behavoir.All I can say is that the VIP (reserved spot) parking concept works well for me in either version of FS, using aircraft and airports I have set up with the methods detailed in the guides.

Great bunch of info. I appreciate it very much. I will keep on trying each and everyone of the suggestions. Again thanks you simmers are the best.:(

The "Guides" (one for FS2004 and a slightly different one for FSX)
Well, that explains some of the confusion. Since we're in the FS9 Forum, I was looking at the FS9 version, silly me.:Big Grin:Tf51d, I'll give you that one, even though you didn't gave a page number... ;-p Not that it helps you much as I tried to explain above. You have conveniently ignored all my other questions. I wonder why that is. I have another one, follow the VIP Guide, either one will do, except mismatch the code between fltsim entry and parking spot. Do you still get assigned the VIP spot?:(
I do not intend to get "in the middle" of this discussion/argument
Don't worry, this discussion is over. Logic and sound reasoning is falling on deaf ears, that's my queue to go do something more productive with my time and unwatch the topic.
Jim Vile and Reggie Fields - both recognized experts in many facets of FS behavoir
Indeed, we are grateful for what they have done for the community.

Mike...

Well, that explains some of the confusion. Since we're in the FS9 Forum, I was looking at the FS9 version, silly me.:Big Grin:Tf51d, I'll give you that one, even though you didn't gave a page number... ;-p Not that it helps you much as I tried to explain above. You have conveniently ignored all my other questions. I wonder why that is. I have another one, follow the VIP Guide, either one will do, except mismatch the code between fltsim entry and parking spot. Do you still get assigned the VIP spot?:wink:Don't worry, this discussion is over. Logic and sound reasoning is falling on deaf ears, that's my queue to go do something more productive with my time and unwatch the topic.Indeed, we are grateful for what they have done for the community.
I have no doubt the procedure works, as I said doing it this way ensures you are assigned this space. Just not though because of it's size but also it's parking assignment. Using the above multiple VIP parking spots for example. You would do this to set up parking spots for each airline you are flying, Say the spot in the Southwest gates are VIP, Delta V01, United V02, etc. When you fly Delta you would define your aircraft with the V01 code, and that is where you will be parked. If all those gates were defined VIP and the aircraft set to VIP, You could be parked in any one of those gates. Without using this procedure, and say you are flying JetBlue and there are 4 gates, with 3 occupied. Provided the defined size of the 4th gate is equal or greater then the size of the aircraft radius (FS9) or wingspan (FSX). (There is a table of sizes posted for each aircraft size which I will link below)ATC will assign it to you. If the 4th gate is already populated with an AI then of course, you'll be assigned a random gate of a size equal or greater in size, else GA parking. Without using the VIP procedure it's more likely those gates will fill with AI. It's even more likely when you use an AI package with fictitious flights at a high percentage, because these tend to fully populate the airports gates with flights. This is less likely with packages that use real world schedules. Especially UT2, because of the way it limits injection of it's AI to flights departing within a limited time period. Sorry I thought this site also had the FS9 values (Radius) but it only defines the FSX ones (wingspan).http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/FlightSim/FSXWingSpanValues.htm

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d