Sign in to follow this  
FirstOfficera320

A moment of silence

Hi everyone,Even though we are all battlening with our own problems they are overshadowed by the big one. In my modest 25 years of life I've never been as speechless as when I saw pictures from Japan. It is trully horrific. I have no words for it. Let's all have a moments of silence for the country who is in the deepest hour and to those who have laid their lives and to those who are helping the victims. And lets not forget those who are trying their best to stop the nuclear powerplant from meltdown. I didn't know where to put this, but I just felt like it needed to come out....ThanksMartin from Copenhagen

I heartily second this thought.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Martin,I applaud your compassion. It is not often that you find the younger generation like yourself who truly understand human hardship and the loss of loved ones. It is one thing to see the physical damage and the true power of mother nature and the damage that it causes, but it is not until the news begins to focus on the true human side of this when you see someone searching and calling out the names of their beloved as they walk through the ruins. They showed a middle aged woman doing just that, and it is the most heart wrenching feeling anyone can experience. I myself could not stop the tears. The whole congration at my church sat in silence for quite a long time and prayed for people of Japan. RegardsBobHi everyone,Even though we are all battlening with our own problems they are overshadowed by the big one. In my modest 25 years of life I've never been as speechless as when I saw pictures from Japan. It is trully horrific. I have no words for it. Let's all have a moments of silence for the country who is in the deepest hour and to those who have laid their lives and to those who are helping the victims. And lets not forget those who are trying their best to stop the nuclear powerplant from meltdown. I didn't know where to put this, but I just felt like it needed to come out....ThanksMartin from Copenhagen

Usually one week after a big earthquake at the exact time is the time for a moment of silence. We did that here in New Zealand exactly one week following the recent Christchurch earthquake.Not sure if Japan will do this or if their problems are too great for this. Maybe they will wait for a month or a year, but that is up to them.I am sure we will mark the occasion at the one year anniversary of Christchurch and in the future we will celebrate the anniversaries of the Christchurch Earthquake as we now celebrate the anniversaries of the Napier earthquake. In Napier we don't dwell on the losses of that earthquake but instead will celebrate the rebuilding of the new town. I am sure we will do the same with Christchurch.Japan is a different nation with different customs so they may go a different course. But the Japanese people are probably the best in the world at rebuilding their country following an earthquake or any other disaster.

Matthew Kane

Good call, Martin! :( A large part of the Japanese psyche is the concept of "Shigata ga nai", translated loosely as "It cannot be helped".It's basically the thought that "Well, all we can do is make the best of a bad situation". It's why the Japanese sometimescan be looked upon as being quite stoic in attitude, but they are trying to "bugger on" the best they can.Even with the devastation that was reaped on NE Japan, the people there are still considerate and not panicking when suppliesrun out, or when the basic necessities of life are sparse. They band together and help one another out.All of us can just hope that, if faced with the same calamities and tragedy that the people of NE Japan have endured, that we cancarry ourselves with the same dignity, humility and compassion.Alan :(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

My thoughts are with everyone in Japan, hoping that the winds remain westerly.Best regards,Robin.