Sign in to follow this  
ress

Single Engine Complex Airplame?

Looking for a single engine retractable, controllable pitch prop airplane that flys as close to the real specks as possible for FSX.I read a lot of good reviews on Ceranado airplanes. I beleive in flying sim airplanes as accurately as the real thing.Suggestions appreciated.Ress

Then you want the Orbx Lancair IV-P:http://fullterrain.com/product_lancair.htmlThe Carenado Bonanza's are another options...FL250, 250kt TAS, best econ :)Untitled-55.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My vote goes out to the ORBX Lancair IV-P as well. Ryan just posted my favorite livery for it too.Fantastic airplane. If you can get RXP for it you're really doing well for yourself... Big%20Grin.gif

My vote goes out to the ORBX Lancair IV-P as well. Ryan just posted my favorite livery for it too.Fantastic airplane. If you can get RXP for it you're really doing well for yourself... Big%20Grin.gif
Agreed I have the GNS430W, perfect fit for the plane!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sorry don't know what RXP is, Lancair sounds like what I am looking for though.Thanksress

Realair Simulations SF260. Realistic slips, skids and spins. Nice VC. The Lancair is nice but I find the lack of visibility from the VC annoying.Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Looking for a single engine retractable, controllable pitch prop airplane that flys as close to the real specks as possible for FSX.I read a lot of good reviews on Ceranado airplanes. I beleive in flying sim airplanes as accurately as the real thing.Suggestions appreciated.Ress
Check our Safir or Birddog if you still not:http://fsaircraft.net/project_1http://fsaircraft.net/project_2Andrey

soh-banner.png

Hi,It depends on what you're looking for from your complex single:Touring and sightseeing but still able to go distances: Carenado Arrow or Bonanza F33ALong distance and high flying capability: ORBX Lancair or Carenado Bonanza F33AOr having an unbelievably great time rolling, looping, flying inverted and flying low under bridges often upside down, landing in small strips, flying fast as well as touring: RealAir SF260 (tricycle) or RealAir Citabria, Bellanca, Scout package (fixed gear taildragger; the Citabria has a fixed pitchprop, only the Scout has flaps)I feel that Carenado A/C have a great presence and appeal as they are fuss free and nicely modelled with great VC's and many moving parts like chocks and variable pitch props, plus they feel like nicely used club aircraft that fly very nicely. IMHO the flight modelling is just fine for FSX. RealAir will never disappoint you as they have excellent flight dynamics and truly exceptional handling that needs piloting skills, and they have great models but not as many animated parts. You can side-slip and spin, and the spre-tall buffet is a unique (realworld) feature. The VC's are clean, tidy and easy to use. Honest opinion? Get the Carenado Arrow AND the RealAir SF260! These two aircraft are the ones that for me most represent GA in FSX, and despite a hangar full of A/C, these two are the A/C that I keep coming back to time and time and time again. Some A/C can be very complex to manage and seriously demanding to fly, for instance the Lancair. It's stunning in detail, modelling and functionality, but it needs careful handling and planning, and is IMHO better for experts. You need to be ahead of the aircraft in that one, or it'll arrive well before you, or it'll take you along for the ride rather than the other way around....Have fun!Fabs

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Of the two, main types of variabe-pitch propellers out there; you'll have to find a museum piece for controllable-pitch propeller. All of the aircraft discussed in this thread (all very good models) are equipped with constant-speed propellers.There's a big difference..

Agreed, and thanks, these A/C have Constant Speed (CS) props.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

I don't know if you are interested in old aircraft, but the A2A Simulations Spitfire with Accu-sim fits your criteria, and is possibly closer to the real thing than any aircraft listed in this thread. For your money you get a highly accurate flight model, incredible virtual cockpit and exterior textures, fixed pitch prop, two speed prop, a variable, prop, and a fully simulated Merlin V12. The aircraft and systems are so well simulated that when combined with the maintenance operations, it feels like you own a real Spitfire without the huge financial costs.

.... you might want to try with the Commander 115-TC by FSD, I love this bird ......

.... you might want to try with the Commander 115-TC by FSD, I love this bird ......
I got this after fond memories of their original version. Got to say I find the VC in it pretty awful, probably the worst in all the payware I have.G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron