Sign in to follow this  

Boeing 747-8I lite

Boeing's artists have rendered the Boeing 747-8I as it will look for serial numbers #2 and on, for flight testing. Can somebody make this?

Inactive

Boeing's artists have rendered the Boeing 747-8I as it will look for serial numbers #2 and on, for flight testing. Can somebody make this?
That picture is either of the 747-8F or concept art. The real 747-8I is white and red/orange.http://www.newairplane.com/747/incredible/

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

yos233, I know that. Did you read what I wrote? "Boeing's artists have rendered the Boeing 747-8I as it will look for serial number 2 and on for flight testing"How could you say its a freighter? see that hump?

Inactive

Yes I did read what you wrote. But since the first one is red, why wouldn't the others be? If they are going in a new direction, would they not make all of them the same? And remember, all 747-8I's before it was revealed were blue, and thats what everybody expected. It wouldn't be much of a surprise if the concept art was red.Minus the windows, which I did not look at, I cannot tell the difference between the -F and -I, so I see no abnormality in the hump. Do you have a link where you got the picture?

Eric Vander

My 747 Fuel Calculator

EricYou can't be too sure that boeing will paint all other 747-8Is in the test fleet orange just because the first one is. As with the 787 program, boeing may decide to paint others using their regular paint schemes or even with the customer livery (787 no-2 is painted in the ANA livery). By the way, the freighter version has a much shorter hump than the pax version.

EricYou can't be too sure that boeing will paint all other 747-8Is in the test fleet orange just because the first one is. As with the 787 program, boeing may decide to paint others using their regular paint schemes or even with the customer livery (787 no-2 is painted in the ANA livery). By the way, the freighter version has a much shorter hump than the pax version.
Thanks for that (and Vin), I didn't know about the hump. I guess it is too early to tell and I shouldn't be blabbing on about it so defensively. Sure seems like it should be though :(

Eric Vander

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Spartan7W,Yes, I could have a go at that, but I a load of othe requusts to do fisrt. If you don't mind waiting, I'll see what I can come up with.ThxMark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

In the press release, (for the luanch/unveiling) they said ONLY serial #1 will be painted in the sunrise livery.

Inactive