Sign in to follow this  
christinebur

how can you go in fsx

The sim itself can go up to 1,000,000,000 feet, but if you use cannabis you can get much higher :( In reality that altitude can only be reached by spacecraft. Most commercial jet airliners are limited to around 40000 feet but it depends on the type of aicraft, engines used, weight etc.Unpressurized aircraft are limited to around 10000 feet because most humans start to get trouble breathing above that.Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Cannabis is not appropriate here, though true..Captain Sim has a really awesome Shuttle if you want to be a Space Cowboy in FSX.

how high can you go in fsx
It all depends of the 'service ceiling' of the plane you are flying. The more important altitude is the one you get the fastest speed for the least amount of fuel burn, and that changes with the weather and winds aloft.

Jay

The sim itself can go up to 1,000,000,000 feet, but if you use cannabis you can get much higher :( In reality that altitude can only be reached by spacecraft. Most commercial jet airliners are limited to around 40000 feet but it depends on the type of aicraft, engines used, weight etc.Unpressurized aircraft are limited to around 10000 feet because most humans start to get trouble breathing above that.Allard.
Actually, many unpressurized aircraft are physically capable of flying well above 10000 feet. For example the good ol' Cessna 172 Skyhawk has a service ceiling of13,500 feet. But (in the U.S.) supplemental oxygen has to be used above 12500 feet. Federal Aviation Regulaton Part 91 Section 91.211 says, in part:(a) General. No person may operate a civil aircraft of U.S.registry--(1) At cabin pressure altitudes above 12,500 feet (MSL) up to andincluding 14,000 feet (MSL) unless the required minimum flight crew isprovided with and uses supplemental oxygen for that part of the flightat those altitudes that is of more than 30 minutes duration;(2) At cabin pressure altitudes above 14,000 feet (MSL) unless therequired minimum flight crew is provided with and uses supplementaloxygen during the entire flight time at those altitudes; and(3) At cabin pressure altitudes above 15,000 feet (MSL) unless eachoccupant of the aircraft is provided with supplemental oxygen.

I acccidently left my slew up on and left the room momentarily, which turned into a phone call and then other distractions for 30 minutes and came back and found this.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I acccidently left my slew up on and left the room momentarily, which turned into a phone call and then other distractions for 30 minutes and came back and found this.
Are you really using Netscape? :(

I have had the ESDG Citation X at 47,000' unloaded with no problems. It isn't very maneuverable though, flies like it's gonna fall at any moment. I have not tried to get to that altitude with a load of passengers yet.Netscape? Wow. I had forgotten that program exists!

Lol @ stall :(
very high
Too high.