Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Wilco Feelthere 737 PIC

I get confused about the JustFlight offerings too. Also, the Wilco 737PIC series is listed in my aircraft folder as the 'feelThere' 737 PIC series - even more confusing :( I fly the PMDG 600/700 and 800/900 versions too and although the feelThere PIC virtual cockpit is poor by comparison with these, I can easily live with that. I've never tried the iFly 737 - now I am tempted but is it still available?
Yes of course it is still available :( Going strong recently through

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Guest BRISTOL86
Yup, its still the Wilco 737 PIC from Just Flight. I actually got mine from Just Flight, long ago.
Thanks.I want to purchase this, and the iFly so I have a comprehensive selection of 737's to fly, right from the 300 up to the 900.In your opinion, is the PIC still worth buying these days? At £20 from JF it's pretty reasonably priced for what it is, but I don't know if that's because of it's age and that it's way behind what we expect from a payware aircraft?Appreciate your thoughts.ThanksMartin

I'm interested in the 737PIC also. How does it work in FS9 with Win 7 64-bit? Has anyone had any problems? It's webpage says the FSX version with work with win 7 64-bit. Will it work, but its just not supported for win 7/64?Thanks,JosephSorry for so many questions.

Just a lowly FS9'er. 

Thanks.I want to purchase this, and the iFly so I have a comprehensive selection of 737's to fly, right from the 300 up to the 900.In your opinion, is the PIC still worth buying these days? At £20 from JF it's pretty reasonably priced for what it is, but I don't know if that's because of it's age and that it's way behind what we expect from a payware aircraft?Appreciate your thoughts.ThanksMartin
Yeah I think its still worth it. Its obviously not as strong a contender as the iFly 737NG offering. But its still pretty good and is the only system detailed 737 CL (-300; -400; -500) offering with a VC out there.The were rumors that Wilco will update it at some point, like they did with their ERJ v2.EDIT:
I'm interested in the 737PIC also. How does it work in FS9 with Win 7 64-bit? Has anyone had any problems? It's webpage says the FSX version with work with win 7 64-bit. Will it work, but its just not supported for win 7/64?Thanks,JosephSorry for so many questions.
Sorry - don't know, I don't use Win 7.It says on Wilco site:-Windows XP (FS2004/X - 32bits)-Windows Vista (FSX - 32bits)-Windows 7 (FSX - 32/64bits)and Just Flight Site:'Windows XP/Vista/7 - 32-bit (NB: Vista- and Windows 7-compatible in FSX only)'From that it seems if using Win 7 then the Wilco PIC 737 is only compatible with FSX.

Guest BRISTOL86
Yeah I think its still worth it. Its obviously not as strong a contender as the iFly 737NG offering. But its still pretty good and is the only system detailed 737 CL (-300; -400; -500) offering with a VC out there.The were rumors that Wilco will update it at some point, like they did with their ERJ v2.
Thanks, really appreciate your quick response.Think I will purchase the iFly for myself and add this one to the birthday list!CheersMartin

PIC737 works on WinXP 64-bit very well with no problems.Cheers,Dirk.

I still occasionally use it but I think there are better products available for your money. I personally think the DreamFleet 737 for FS2002 was far superior and I have never understood why they didn't adapt it for FS9. My main objection to the FeelThere 737 (that's the developer - Wilco and JustFlight are just retailers) is that it isn't "polished" - there are a number of minor but annoying and fixable issues. It could have been outstanding if they had taken a bit more time to complete it to a higher standard and upgraded it in the light of customer feedback.

Indeed, DreamFleet 737-400 was one of the best if not the best Aircraft addon for FS, unfortunately no one could adapt it for Fs9, it would be the best thing that could happen for FS9 beside NGX if it will be adapted for FS9 as well.Cheers.

Arslan Nouar

Indeed, DreamFleet 737-400 was one of the best if not the best Aircraft addon for FS, unfortunately no one could adapt it for Fs9, it would be the best thing that could happen for FS9 beside NGX if it will be adapted for FS9 as well.Cheers.
With respect, the Dreamfleet 737-400 had an excellent panel, but the aircraft model was poor and a frame rate hog. Many users replaced the external model with freeware alternatives.

Graeme Butler

With respect, the Dreamfleet 737-400 had an excellent panel, but the aircraft model was poor and a frame rate hog. Many users replaced the external model with freeware alternatives.
You are right, but don't forget also that it was for FS2000 first, it used to be tweaked with FFX in FS2002, but systems simulation is a high end achievement & thats what am talking about.

Arslan Nouar

I use the wilco extensively and have for a long time. I love everything about the old bird. Yeah there are a few things that are irksome but the only real problem I have is with the autpilot. The bank angles get to steep and sometimes it doesn't want to follow the glideslope but if you figure that in and adjust to compensate, it is a real joy to fly.
As it is in real aircraft!!:( Not that they intended to model that though!!

Respectfully,

Jet

I have the Wilco Feelthere 737 PIC as well as their CRJs and now Ejets Version 2.Not to stray too far off topic here but I would have to give those guys over there a lot of credit on the Ejets V2. I do not have V1, but I am impressed with the Ejets.The FMS and the PFD MFD and the rest of the glass is very well done. I'd give that a rating of about 7 and the 737 PIC a rating of about 5 on 1 - 10.My next add-on will with out a doubt be one of the PMDG products as I have heard way too many good things about their software.

Respectfully,

Jet

As it is in real aircraft!!:( Not that they intended to model that though!!
I would say I am borderline "addicted" to this airplane. It does have its quirks, but still is a joy to fly.