Sign in to follow this  
David B

Well, I screwed myself out of ORBX PNW scenery

well, I blew it! didn't check the ORBX forum, before I purchased 6 PNW sceneries on March 31st.I just found out, ALL PNW sceneries are on sale for a little over $19 bucks!!!!! AHHHHHHGGGGHHH.I just paid the full almost 40 bucks for them. ACCKKK! Oh well, lesson learned.At any rate, I have vented; I am fine. :-)GREAT DEAL...Go For It! SALE ends April 8th. I screwed myself over, but hope this will help some of you follks on the fence re ORBX PNW scenery.Best,David

well, I blew it! didn't check the ORBX forum, before I purchased 6 PNW sceneries on March 31st.I just found out, ALL PNW sceneries are on sale for a little over $19 bucks!!!!! AHHHHHHGGGGHHH.I just paid the full almost 40 bucks for them. ACCKKK! Oh well, lesson learned.At any rate, I have vented; I am fine. :-)GREAT DEAL...Go For It! SALE ends April 8th. I screwed myself over, but hope this will help some of you follks on the fence re ORBX PNW scenery.Best,David
Couldn't hurt emailing them to see if they could help you out on the price you paid at least a little. It's been known to happen :)

Hi, Yeah I thought of that. The forum is down for MX right now. I begin my 3 day flying sequence tommorrow, so the SALE will be over when I get back into town.Still, lookng forward to flyinf around the scenery nontheless.Best,David

That's too bad, but like Molly said, it wouldn't hurt to email them and see what they say, its worth a shot.I had put off buying all the ORBX stuff I got until they had the big Christmas sale this last holiday. Now that I got the majority of what I wanted, I most likely wont buy anymore stuff unless it's on sale. Actually, I have gotten to the point now with buying addons, that unless its just something that I have to have, like the PMDG NGX, or an FSDT/FT airport, I wont even buy until its on sale.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's too bad, but like Molly said, it wouldn't hurt to email them and see what they say, its worth a shot.I had put off buying all the ORBX stuff I got until they had the big Christmas sale this last holiday. Now that I got the majority of what I wanted, I most likely wont buy anymore stuff unless it's on sale. Actually, I have gotten to the point now with buying addons, that unless its just something that I have to have, like the PMDG NGX, or an FSDT/FT airport, I wont even buy until its on sale.
I'll give it a shot, if the forums become avail. again. Say, Plano,TX huh. Just up the street from me, I live in Colleyville. :-)..small world.Best,David

I'll give it a shot, if the forums become avail. again. Say, Plano,TX huh. Just up the street from me, I live in Colleyville. :-)..small world.Best,David
David, Not too small, I live in Grapevine!

NAX669.png

You said it! I wouldn't own a lot of addons like any of the Captainsim airplanes or even the ORBX Australia if it were not for their sales. I am the kind of person that if i want it really bad (like the NGX) then I simply can't justify the cost. I will with a lot of airports. There are a lot of airports like KSFO and the upcoming KLAX that I would consider robbing a bank in order to own. wink.gif I am surprised I could finish this post. While I was writing my two girls were screaming that insane screeching scream. It drives me insane. wacko.gif

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi guys,Sorry to hear you missed the sale pricing. We still feel that our regular non-sale pricing represents some of the best value in the industry though, particularly given that each of the PNW products took a year or more to develop. With regards to pinging us for a refund, I regret to say that we don't offer price differential rebates before/after sales - the volume is too high for us to deal with all requests on a case by case basis. As some of your forum colleagues have mentioned, some folks wait for our sales (we traditionally have big mid-year and post-Xmas sales) plus random "specials", which will continue.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

David, Not too small, I live in Grapevine!
Cool! Mike. We'll have to hook up sometimeBest,David
Hi guys,Sorry to hear you missed the sale pricing. We still feel that our regular non-sale pricing represents some of the best value in the industry though, particularly given that each of the PNW products took a year or more to develop. With regards to pinging us for a refund, I regret to say that we don't offer price differential rebates before/after sales - the volume is too high for us to deal with all requests on a case by case basis. As some of your forum colleagues have mentioned, some folks wait for our sales (we traditionally have big mid-year and post-Xmas sales) plus random "specials", which will continue.
Hi John. As I said. No problem. Lesson Learned. I'll always check your site from now on, instead of letting the excitemnt of your products, override my "common sense". I know I purcahsed 6 from you, so there might be a couple of more I could get at the sale. :( Thank Yiou for your wonderful products.Best,David

Cool! Mike. We'll have to hook up sometimeBest,David
Sounds like a plan David.

NAX669.png

Sounds like a plan David.
Me too, all we should get together for a beer sometime.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Sean, I have been known to have a beer or two sometimes.

NAX669.png

Anyone else having problems with the flightsimstore? I login, and it keeps coming back to the login screen. I got to my accounts screen then it asks me to login when i keep browsing. #####

Hey David, ORBX extended the sale. You have until the 17th of April. Go get em!

NAX669.png

Hey David, ORBX extended the sale. You have until the 17th of April. Go get em!
Might add Flightsim store is also giving additional 12% off using FLTSIMWED on anything in the store. Picked up KORS with another 12% off the $19.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________