Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

Enstrom 280FX Released

1304209700.png1304154928.jpg

For the first time in the history of Microsoft Flight Simulator, a developer has created and released an Enstrom helicopter add-on. Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations is proud to be the first developer to give the flight simulation community a high quality Enstrom 280FX for FSX Acceleration. Features include FSX native models with animations, specular and normal mapping, custom avionics and much more. Tested in Windows Vista and Windows 7 under DX9/DX10 with no issues. FS2004 version to be produced and released separately.Click here for more information.We hope you enjoy this wonderful new addition to your virtual hangar!

Brandon Filer

Is it normal on an Enstrom for the P1 to be in the left seat?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Is it normal on an Enstrom for the P1 to be in the left seat?Al
I was wondering that also.Also is this only for Accel users or will it work with FSX SP2 as well.Thanks,Jimmy

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guys,The Enstrom helicopters, MD500 series, and Schweizer 300 are all left seaters in real life. ;)The Enstrom has bot been tested in Acceleration, but I would guess that it will work fine.

Brandon Filer

Interesting, although it is a strange choice to have the left seat as the P1 position, and probably not quite as safe as sitting in the right seat when flying solo. Looks like a nice FS chopper anyway.What's it fly like? I have quite a few FS choppers and I do know some of them have pretty authentic flight models, such as the Cera Hueys, the Nemeth MD500, and obviously the Dodosim Bell 206, but I don't really know what the Enstrom flies like for real so it would be hard to know if it was like the real thing for me.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks like a nice little helo.Downloading as I speak. Nice thing to inaugurate my Sandy Bridge build.

I have about 5 hours in the Enstrom as my best friends dad flew them for years and its very sensitive to control inputs and very light on the controls. Its like flying a feather if I had to describe it. I have also flown the Astars and they are all hydraulically boosted so they havea lot firmer control feel. I do not have FSX installed anymore, waiting for the new computer but I definately looks the part and its a great little copter with a descent usefull load and a great trainer.

Brandon, just to clarify since some one else asked as well. This chopper will work in FSX SP2 without Acceleration?The reason I ask is because in your initial post below it says it is for Acceleration.

Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations is proud to be the first developer to give the flight simulation community a high quality Enstrom 280FX for FSX Acceleration.
Then in the post below you say it hasn't been tested in Acceleration.
The Enstrom has bot been tested in Acceleration, but I would guess that it will work fine.
I know that some freeware birds require Acceleration to be installed for some certain guages.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Brandon, just to clarify since some one else asked as well. This chopper will work in FSX SP2 without Acceleration?The reason I ask is because in your initial post below it says it is for Acceleration.Then in the post below you say it hasn't been tested in Acceleration.I know that some freeware birds require Acceleration to be installed for some certain guages.
It also works with SP2. Tested it yesterday. I can say it´s a true beauty. Really nice to fly but obvious a bit slow.

Brandon, just to clarify since some one else asked as well. This chopper will work in FSX SP2 without Acceleration?The reason I ask is because in your initial post below it says it is for Acceleration.Then in the post below you say it hasn't been tested in Acceleration.I know that some freeware birds require Acceleration to be installed for some certain guages.
OK, that was a screw up. :LMAO:Yes it was made for Acceleration, but I'm pretty sure it is not required for it to work. There are not really any Acceleration-specific features.
It also works with SP2. Tested it yesterday. I can say it´s a true beauty. Really nice to fly but obvious a bit slow.
Yes, it is a slow helo...in real life as well. Very fun to fly though! Big%20Grin.gif

Brandon Filer