Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Another interesting sim

Saw this yesterday posted by "Chock" (Al Bradbury) in the PMDG forum. Its set to be a helicopter sim, but it looks pretty cool after watching the video and looking at the screen shots. Makes you wonder how Flight will stack up against it as far as scenery and weather. You never know, maybe this one could expand into something greater down the line as well. http://takeonthegame.com/

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Saw this yesterday posted by "Chock" (Al Bradbury) in the PMDG forum. Its set to be a helicopter sim, but it looks pretty cool after watching the video and looking at the screen shots. Makes you wonder how Flight will stack up against it as far as scenery and weather. You never know, maybe this one could expand into something greater down the line as well. http://takeonthegame.com/
Looks good, but based on their own information it isn't going to be a real world sim:
Take to the air above two beautifully rich and expansive environments, based upon real-world North American and South Asian terrain-data.
off course that makes it much more manageable for the designers.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Rumor to be something like Simcopter on the ARMA2 Engine. If ARMA 2 is any indication it will probably be arcade style flying.

From what I know for sure about it, the choppers will have an easy mode scaleable up to a more complex mode, including starting it up reasonably realistically and modeling some realistic aspects of a chopper's flight characteristics, and whilst is is the developer's intention to make it accessible to a range of players, they have said they want the thing to handle pretty realistically, more so than the choppers do in ARMA etc, i.e. the throttle and collective will be modeled as opposed to simply the collective being combined with the throttle as it is in ARMA, so it'll have more in common with the Dodosim 206 than it will with ARMA, and the developers actually mentioned the Dodo 206 when they said as much in an interview.The game itself has a story line of sorts: your dad started a helicopter business some years back and hands it on to you, but it is on its &@($* and you have to pull it back into shape, which is where the game name comes from as you have to grab the reigns of the business and 'take on helicopters'. The jobs you can do to get the business back on its feet will include everything from helping to search for criminals from the air in co-operation with the police, to simple cargo and passenger runs.I suspect it will be fun and fairly 'sim-like' without taking it to rivet-counting levels of realism, which is a good combination if you ask me. Chopper sims such as 1C's Apache Air Assault and Whirlwind Of Vietnam take the same approach, and to be honest, I think WoV has one of the most believable chopper flight models of any sim, including FSX, so if it comes anywhere near that, it'll be no bad thing. Put it this way, it'll have to really suck big time for me to not buy it.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Graphics looked amazing, particularly the clouds and their movement.

Alexander Alonso

Maybe there will be some after-market airplane add-ons for it. Raised%20Eyebrow.gif

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.