Sign in to follow this  
skipjack

Relative FRAME Performance of NGX

Stewart, as with any complex addon, you will not be getting the same performance as you would with a default aircraft. That being said, performance right now is within the range of what we would expect from an aircraft this complex, and are on par with (and in many cases better than) similar addons we have produced in the past.
Vin, Sorry about late reply, but yes ..I just did Frame Rate comparision in FS 9 on a default A/C & the PMDG 737 NG 700 & there was a approx dropof 4 to 5 fps using the PMDG 737. The unusual thing is that you don't really notice it.( Visual wise, not Frame counter) ie..the Cockpit graphics views look about the same with no noticable studders or shimmering etc.What you do notice is that the outside views that suffer, especially if you've got scenery add on like OZ Vista Australis for FS9 which can be very demanding,... but this is probably more to do with the scenery itself?I don't have any other PMDG A/C like MD 11 etc, so I can;t make a comparision in thay regard.We'll just have to wait & see what NGX is like ...but as you say we can antipicate it should be comparable to previous versions.Regards,Stewart Thompson