Sign in to follow this  
Guest RobertK

WHAT THE ????????

Guest danowat

Hmmm, well the point being 12 EUROS FOR THAT, jebus, 12 euros for ONE livery is one thing, but 12 euros for a livery that looks like THAT.Dan.

Guest Markyboy

So you don't like it, big deal. The free world that you live in allows you the right not to buy it. Maybe you can offer everyone else a comparison to one of your own personally produced FS add ons?I may not like the clothes you wear or how you look but how would you feel if I ridiculed you in the street? Thats what you are trying here. A cheap shot at someone that probably isn't here to defend themself.Everyone knows there are good and bad add ons out there but just as you have the freedom of choice to purchase, retailers have the same freedom to name their price for their work good or bad. You don't like what you see, don't buy it. Simple.Apologies if this is not the response you expected!

Guest allcott

If you wear ridiculous clothes in my street, you will be ridiculed in public. By seven year olds and their older brothers.That is shabbily nasty payware. Nowhere near good enough. If it were freeware I would still have an opinion, but I'd keep it to myself.Thanks Dan, for the warning.Allcott

Guest danowat

>So you don't like it, big deal. The free world that you live>in allows you the right not to buy it. Maybe you can offer>everyone else a comparison to one of your own personally>produced FS add ons?>>I may not like the clothes you wear or how you look but how>would you feel if I ridiculed you in the street? Thats what>you are trying here. A cheap shot at someone that probably>isn't here to defend themself.>>Everyone knows there are good and bad add ons out there but>just as you have the freedom of choice to purchase, retailers>have the same freedom to name their price for their work good>or bad. You don't like what you see, don't buy it. Simple.>>Apologies if this is not the response you expected!YAWN, this is the attitude that is causing problems with payware.Your right I dont like it, and I have my freedom in saying that I dont like it.The old adage of PAYWARE QUALITY comes into mind, people have a misguided sense that when you pay for something you get something that is good, it must be better than freeware I am paying for it.This is not always the case, as in this case.If you want some comparisons to some of my own work for FS, just search the library for my name Dan Watkins, and you will see I have done some files.These are not PAYWARE QUALITY, but from the feedback I have got at least some people have got some pleasure out of them, I would NEVER charge for any of my work because it simply does not warrant paying for, and besides that is not why I do it.Not EVERYONE knows the good and bad addons, which is why in the past people have come on these forums complaining about certain payware producers.I would not care one bit if you or anybody didnt like me, my clothes or anything else, I am not trying to sell something, I am not trying to trip unwary buyers into buying something that you can get better FOR FREE elseware.Also if this is the FFX model, then this guy is in trouble, unless he has asked permission.Dan.

Guest danowat

>If you wear ridiculous clothes in my street, you will>be ridiculed in public. By seven year olds and their older>brothers.Man, remind me to stay away from your street, the seven year olds would have a field day LOL.Dan.

Guest puppypoo

HiBravo Dan,well said and I could`nt agree more.Ted

It looks to me that this Markboy fellow might be the one trying to sell this thing. Markboy, are you sure that you are not Alexander Sandnes?

"Not EVERYONE knows the good and bad addons, which is why in the past people have come on these forums complaining about certain payware producers."Exactly -- a number of users look to this forum for hobbyists to point out questionable products for sale.... I didn't perceive your thread as an attack against payware or free enterprise. But as far as I am concerned, if someone advertises a product and demands compensation for it, then they are fair game for critique whether they participate in this forum or not. Or perhaps we're not allowed to express such opinions? I think Dan brought attention to something that someone could have stumbled into thinking they are getting a leading edge product.... Or are we to let "buyer beware" allow our less experienced friends in this hobby to get hoodwinked by everyone trying to get a quick bang for the buck...I've also added work to the library here, none of it payware quality in my eyes. But if I did sell it, and someone questioned its value in some obscure part of the web, I asked for it IMHO.... Heck--even freeware authors get dissed sometimes for adding a new reg number to an existing livery and releasing it as "new", or by trying to promote five minutes' work just to get their "name in lights"....Those are my thoughts, anyway, and I thank Dan for the thread...-John

Guest Markyboy

It strikes me as strange that you become very defensive when someone chooses to express an opinion against your own, yet you see no problem in publicly decrying someone elses work and their right to charge for it. Whilst you have the right to define any of your own work as payware quality or not you DO NOT have the right to define someone elses work as not being of payware quality AS YOU HAVE NOT PAID for the said product and you base your opinion solely on a JPG image.There is good and bad in everything and what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander. I agree entirely that in some instances certain freeware addons beat certain payware hands down. However I have never had a PAYWARE add on forced on me against my will, nor did I ever force a FREEWARE author to do his work for nothing. You mention feedback from your users, tell me how much "feedback" did you get from those that never used your stuff?I have bought extremely good addons and I bought extremely bad ones too, but you know what? The world kept on revolving and life goes on!Until such times as you have gone out and bought something than displeases you, don't go forcing your opinion as fact to others that are free to make up their minds as you are yours. All over a

Guest danowat

>It strikes me as strange that you become very defensive when>someone chooses to express an opinion against your own, yet>you see no problem in publicly decrying someone elses work and>their right to charge for it. Hmmmm, I get defensive, you are the one defending someones work, people do not have to take any notice of what I say, I am not forcing my opinion on anyone, but even you must admit that from the JPG's, which incidently are there for you to make a judgement on the quality of the work, it is rather poor.>Whilst you have the right to define any of your own work as>payware quality or not you DO NOT have the right to define>someone elses work as not being of payware quality AS YOU HAVE>NOT PAID for the said product and you base your opinion solely>on a JPG image.I have the right to say exactly what I want, I truly believe from the JPG images, which again are there to help you make a choice wheter to buy it or not, show a non payware quality repaint.>You mention feedback from your users, tell me how much>"feedback" did you get from those that never used your stuff?I am not even sure what thats supposed to mean>I have bought extremely good addons and I bought extremely bad>ones too, but you know what? The world kept on revolving and>life goes on!Ahhh, so you have brought poor addons?, me too, which is why I feel that people should be made aware that the quality of payware does not always surpass, or in some circumstances even come close to, freeware.So do you think that every repainter should charge

Hmm i thought simmmarket was a good place to buy stuff for flightsimming, but 7