Sign in to follow this  
robert young

SIAI-Marchetti SF.260 - FS2002 repaints on FS2004 version

Can repaints that were created for the FS2002 version of the SF.260 be used on the FS2004 version of the SF.260? If so, are there any downsides to using the FS2002 repaints, and are there any suggested installation modifications?Thanks,RobertI was surprised and pleased when I received an email from RealAir Simulations saying that they were providing a free update to my FS2002 version of the Marchetti, but I was blown away when I discovered that the free 'upgrade' was in fact the complete FS2004 version of the Marchetti. What a class act.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My FS2002 repaints work fine though you will need to replace some textures with the new ones. Mainly, make sure you copy over the new pilot texture and the new canopy textures and you should be ok. Eric

I loaded up the Kangan Batman repaint but it didn't work. To be honest I didn't try very hard to find out why other than a quick look at the instructions to see if I made any mistakes. I like the blue paint job for the SF.260 but I like the red one for the Decathlon because it is pretty much like the paint job on the real one I flew many, many long years ago.Both are great add-ons and other than Bill Lyon's Air Camper they are the only planes I fly. Well sometimes I use the RealAir 172 and the Robinson and.......... Well I mostly only fly them.Jon

HI Robert,I'm afraid we haven't had much time to assess the impact of the new SF260 version on older paintjobs, but it seems from the feedback we're getting that most work ok, subject to the new pilot files being included.I do not know how well our "dynamic shine" will work however with repaints, and I hope my partner Sean will see this thread and make more expert comments on the repaint possibilities.In the meantime Roland Pohl has kindly uploaded I think the first repaint of the RealAir Decathlon and as far as I know it is available at the Avsim library.Rob Young = RealAir Simulations

Hi Rob,Unless I'm way off the mark, the dynamic shine isn't a feature of the texture but of the model itself, so it shouldn't be affected by a new paint job. However, I'm not schooled in the specific magic that Sean worked with the Marchetti, so that might not be accurate in this case.