Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

another "fatal error !disable voxatc" help question

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that.I think he gave me the serial because he knew i bought his software ( I think tegwyn gets an email with your purchase details and stuff from avsim) ). Try emailing him again ?
Hi Vic, No problem, I'm happy for you that you got the unlock serial key for free. Good for you. I believe Tegwyn is upset that Avsim had a half price sale going for his software and is in panty fit about it. I don't understand his reasoning and why he's treating his new customers like crap that brought his program from the store. IMO, does it matter if Avsim store sold it to me for $40 or $1. Tegwyn got his money from the store. As per his emails to me it seems that he 's upset about the price I paid and is not going to help anyone anymore that purchased from the store. To be honest, I am really turn off by his attitude towards me and really at this point, I'm not going to bother with his program. I'll just have to chaulk it off as another $40 wasted. You want to talk about great customer service? Go to the FS2crew form here and see the developer Bryan York. This guy goes above and beyond for his customers. He is the best in the business of Flight Sim, reason why I buy most of his products. Dosn't nicke and dime anyone, gives free upgrades and even thows a few extras once in a while. His programs are outstanding and of high quality. Tegwyn should take a leason from him! peace

Help please. £80+ is a lot for software that i cannot get running.I am currentry TRYING to try the demo, im about 3 days into the demo so far, and have not yet managed to complete 1 flight with the demo.Initially I was getting problems with the voice, and found that was because my awful microsoft Annie was in american English rather than american Usa setting.But now, It keeps coming up with Fatal error! disable VoxATC.My error log is all gobbledeegook to me. something about path format not supported.Please help me at least try this demo, as I cannot justify spending so much money on something that im not going to be able to get working. As apparently the demo is Not Limited in any way except the 7 days. So Im obviously going to have same issues with full unlocked program.err log pasted below.Log Start 12/08/2011 09:59:46The given path's format is not supported. at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath) at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath) at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList) at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath) at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FlightPlanExtras.SetFPFilePath(String pName) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FlightPlanExtras.GetFlightplanVariation() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.SetupMFSFlightPlan() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()

I'm having exactly the same problem as the guy above, but mine is not a trial version. My err.log says:Log Start 12/15/2011 6:58:27 PMLog Start 12/15/2011 7:11:56 PMLog Start 12/15/2011 21:03:30The given path's format is not supported. at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path, Boolean needFullPath) at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath) at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList) at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath) at System.IO.FileInfo..ctor(String fileName) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.GetFlightPlanFileName(String fltFName) at com.intworkings.voxatc.FSUIPCInt.GetFlightPlanFileName() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.SetupMFSFlightPlan() at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()

Great user support! Solved my problem right away... operator error.In my first try with the program, I created a flight plan but failed to save & reload same. Thus VOX ATC couldn't find my flight plan file and balked.Everything seems to be working fine now, 'though I must say that at 50% traffic, the little airport I fly from in real life has never seen so much activity!!

would you be kind enough sharing with us the source & solution for your Fatal Errors?

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Great user support! Solved my problem right away... operator error.In my first try with the program, I created a flight plan but failed to save & reload same. Thus VOX ATC couldn't find my flight plan file and balked.Everything seems to be working fine now, 'though I must say that at 50% traffic, the little airport I fly from in real life has never seen so much activity!!
I forgot to clearly explain -- the solution was to first create a flight plan, SAVE the created flight plan, then LOAD the newly-saved plan, before activating the VOX ATC panel in-game.

tried the 7 day trial and after a few fixes back and forth with Tegwyn all seemed OK. Purchased registration and now continue to get Fatal Error disable Vox atc error upon startup. Ran indexer and panel setup with no help. Ran the error program and emailed to Tegwyn but no response yet. Any suggestions? Using FSX and 7. Have a Carenado Seneca add on which I love.

OMG, I just recieved the "fatal error !disable voxatc" as well. Everything was working "pretty good" for me as compared to some of you, when this happened. But, I think I know what is causing it in "my" case...It seems to only happen if I try to start a flight from my Home airport which is CYHZ. The CYHZ I am using is an add-on from "SimAddons" (excellent scenery BTW). I proved this by moving my AC to other radomly picked airports. As soon as I go back to CYHZ, I get the error. It does not matter if I have a flightplan loaded or not. I initially thought that there was a waypoint causing the problem, but no.BTW, I am testing a flight right now from CYFC to CYHZ... everything is going as planned so far.I'll have to send Tegwyn an e-mail and see what's what!Later!Murray

Edited by Murray_CHYZ

it sounds like you did not run the Indexer after adding this airport.run the Indexer again and if you got UT2 installed , then run the UT2Bridge tool right after the Indexer finishes.

Joel Strikovsky

it sounds like you did not run the Indexer after adding this airport.run the Indexer again and if you got UT2 installed , then run the UT2Bridge tool right after the Indexer finishes.
Hi Akila!I have had that airport installed for a few years now, but thanks for the suggestion anyway. The UT2Bridge tool is not supposed to be used (or should I say needed) with 6.5. But, I found the link (you posted I think) in another thread. I ran the indexer again, (after temporarly removing the default FSX airline planes) and then UT2Bridge. I just finished an IFR flight from CYHZ to CYFC and this time things went well... no problems starting a flight from the CYHZ add-on I have.I have a question for you (or anyone else who might know). I notice that the sample flights always start with a "2D" panel. Does starting a flight with a "3D" panel cause problems with VoxATC??? I am asking because I am "trying" to figure out what I need to do to get the best chance at a trouble free experience with VoxATC. Notice I said "best chance"... I'm not expecting perfection at this point!BTW, I have decided to purchase VoxATC even though it is not perfect. I think that Tegwyn has done a "good enough" job so far with this program to be payed something, and I hope he will continue to develop it in the future... as he has in the past.Murray

when you mention v6.5 , do you actually mean 6.5 or 6.05?as for the 2D vs. 3D thing you asked, I always start in VC (3D), never had an issue so far.the only difference is if you start with 2D , you would have the Vox console showing up on the screen along with the cockpit panel without the need of going the 1st time throughthe menu -> view -> Vox ATC.....other then that I never saw the difference.

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky

I too am having trouble with VoxATC and getting fatal error in about 3 to 5 minutes after I start game. Funny, when using the demo, I had no problems and yesterday I registered and paid the the bucks, then came the problems. Have reinstalled and done a virus check but nothing seems to work. Any ideas would be appreciated. I have sent email to developer but no answer yet. What a hassle! Thanks

For anyone interested, I uninstalled the demo that I had just registered, downloaded the program again, registered it and seems to be ok now. Will know for sure after more use today. Dick

I recently got this error again. The cause of it this time was USER error. I had installed a new texture for the PMDG 744F, and then forgot to re-run the "VoxATC Panel Setup" utility. BTW, if you install a new airport(s), you will get the error if you forget to re-run the "VoxATC Indexer"... and if you are using Ultimate Traffic, you then need to re-run the "UT2BridgeSetup" utility.