Sign in to follow this  
out

PSS 777 new VC textures

Delete the wing views from the panel.cfg.
Change the model to a VC version from POSKY (I think you will need the original POSKY models not the newer SkySpirit models as they don't come with a VC).
Add VC textures into the texture folder
Add the VC config into the VCockpit section of the panel.cfg

And i think that is all you will have to do.

I'm afraid it's not that easy.  The POSKY VCs are different from the PSS VC.  So I would be very surprised if the modified PSS VC textures work with the POSKY VC.  Also, the VC gauge entries needed for the POSKY panel.cfg file  to make the POSKY VC work with the PSS panel are very different from the PSS panel VC gauge entries.  Even with the correct entries, you won't get a fully working VC with the POSKY VC model.

If there is a show of interest in having a working POSKY VC  I will post more on this topic.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I'm afraid it's not that easy.  The POSKY VCs are different from the PSS VC.  So I would be very surprised if the modified PSS VC textures work with the POSKY VC.  Also, the VC gauge entries needed for the POSKY panel.cfg file  to make the POSKY VC work with the PSS panel are very different from the PSS panel VC gauge entries.  Even with the correct entries, you won't get a fully working VC with the POSKY VC model.

If there is a show of interest in having a working POSKY VC  I will post more on this topic.

Mike

I totally forgot about this, yeah i think you are right.

Regards,

Nandan

Hello,

a little off topic but, I have (own) the PSS 777 but can not install it because there is no web site for the program to verify my data.  Does anyone know what I can do?

thank you-  I would like to try out these textures.

R Jones

a little off topic but, I have (own) the PSS 777 but can not install it because there is no web site for the program to verify my data. Does anyone know what I can do?

Black Box Simulation is the successor to Phoenix Simulation.  You will see on their web site that they say they are working to help people in your situation.  They still sell this aircraft.  You can try contacting them and/or filing a support ticket.

http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/

Just Flight also sells it.  If you bought it at Just Flight, you should contact them.  They are likely to respond more quickly.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thank you for the reply,  I did go to Black Box sim but they have not responded.  I am afraid that they are also gone.  Did look at just flight as well but I don't think I am going to pay another 30 dollars for something that is almost 10 years old.

thanks again.

R Jones

Thank you for the reply, I did go to Black Box sim but they have not responded. I am afraid that they are also gone. Did look at just flight as well but I don't think I am going to pay another 30 dollars for something that is almost 10 years old.

Hi, Abq Vlieger,

Just looked at Black Box's web site and the "Submit Ticket" and "Contact Us" links are indeed non-functional.  They still appear to be selling their newer Airbuses and older FS9 aircraft (including the T7) however ...

If you search through the Unofficial PSS Support Forum here on Avsim, you might find some help about proper file placement.  Also, you might e-mail Just Flight support.  If you still have proof that you purchased the T7 from PSS, they MIGHT help you out.   I have had  very favorable dealings with them.

Do you have a file called "voronoi.dat" at the top level of your FS9 folder?

Also, if your problem involves missing fonts (gauges with no numbers showing, I believe they have them available for free on their web site.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike,

thank you for all of your help.  I have a few days at home and was just tinkering with fs9 when I stumbled across this thread.  I will look into your advise.  That sure does not seem right that Black Box is still selling product that there is no support for.

Thanks again,

Ryan

I did a search and I do have the voroni.dat file in my main FS9 folder?  What does that data file tell me?

Ryan

I did a search and I do have the voroni.dat file in my main FS9 folder? What does that data file tell me?

I only asked because it is frequently missing and can cause lots of problems.  I don't know what it actually does.

If you search through the Boeing section of the Unofficial PSS Forum, you should find info on the proper placement of all files for the T7.  That MIGHT solve your problem.  I bought the JustFlight version quite awhile ago and I think it didn't require an external web site to verify my purchase.  No experience with the original PSS install file though.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I have a few days at home and was just tinkering with fs9 when I stumbled across this thread. I will look into your advise. That sure does not seem right that Black Box is still selling product that there is no support for.

Just noticed that Blackbox does have a working contact page and several e-mail support links.  Either I missed them the other day or they are now back up and running.  Here is the link:

http://www.blackboxsimulation.com/index.php/company/contact/

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Excuse my ignorance and lateness to this topic, but I just discovered it and downloaded and installed the replacement VC textures successfully.  They look very nice.  However, I would like to know how to remove the mipmaps to reduce the blurriness and also how to re-save the textures in DXT3 format as well.  Can anybody kindly assist?  Many Thanks!  (p.s. greetings to you, Johan.  Hope you're doing well after all these years!)

JS

I would like to know how to remove the mipmaps to reduce the blurriness and also how to re-save the textures in DXT3 format as well.

Hi, JS,

You need a utility called dxtbmp by Martin Wright.  It's around on the web, though I can't find it on Avsim at the moment. 

If you uncheck "include when saving" under "mipmaps" that should do the trick.  Has options to save in different formats including dxt3. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Doing fine JS..

I found MIPMAP MANAGER (google it) doeing a great and easy job, add or remove mipmaps.

I added them to everything, and saw no blurries, in stead, it got rid of a lot of shimmering.

Combine with DXT3Fixer, and your set.

My last dream is to remove the landing light triangles from the AI.. but thats a huge undertaking doing this manually. Pffffff

Back to FS9 like me ?

Mike, Thanks for your helpful reply.  Much appreciated.

Johan:  Thanks for posting.  I never migrated to FSX.  It was always too much work to contemplate!  I still  dream of a new rig and migrating, but will probably never get around to it.  My FS9 setup is better than ever with a 42" LED for the sim and a 24" LCD for FSNavigator and instruments.

Cheers to you both!

JS

Hmm, this isn't going too well.  I tried MipMap Manager three times and no diff; still have blurred text in VC mode, especially overhead panel labels with night lighting. 

I am not sure how to use DXTbmp; the HELP section isn't much use to somebody like me who's got no experience doing bmp work.  Any further guidance appreciated, thanks.

JS