Sign in to follow this  
out

PSS 777 new VC textures

Just go to the first post.  It is shown there. (copy and paste). The site is in Russian so you will need Bing Translator or similar to read in English. I just finished installing the T7 and then added the new textures.  A good improvement.  with all that said I was wondering if the Just Flight T7 is the same as the old PSS and would their updates work in the PSS?  I can't remember if I have all the updates since it has been a while since I used this plane. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I was wondering if the Just Flight T7 is the same as the old PSS and would their updates work in the PSS? I can't remember if I have all the updates since it has been a while since I used this plane.

Hi, Carl,

Just Flight does have the same 777 as PSS. I'm pretty sure the Just Flight updates will work with it (I am assuming you got your basic install file from PSS, not Just Flight).  I am fairly sure I have the most recent version of the T7 (bought from Just Flight), so here is some information that might help you figure out if you have the most recent one:

In FS9/Gauges folder (bytes found by right-clicking file name & selecting "properties"):

PSS-B777.gau dated 8/31/06, 6:46 pm, 66,023,424 bytes.

FSWXR2100.gau dated 6/6/2006, 7:53 pm, 2,224,128 bytes.

In top-level FS9 folder, voronoi.dat 5/22/2005 7:59 pm, 12,277,804 bytes.

In aircraft specific folders, three air files for 200LRF, 200LRFand 300ER, 4/2/2006, 12:30 pm  ,4/2/2006, 12:45 pm ,4/8/2006, 9:59pm

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Mike,

Thanks for going to the trouble of providing the update information.  The good news is it does appear I have all the updated files.  However, I did not have three air files you mentioned.  I had PSS-7704 and PSS-B772LR.  If I remember correctly there was an add-on for the 300LR, which I didn't purchase.  I also went back into my old fs9 files and found a PSS update, which I installed.  Took a quick flight from KLAX to KSNA to test it out and looks like everything is working.

Thanks again for your help,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I had PSS-7704 and PSS-B772LR. If I remember correctly there was an add-on for the 300LR, which I didn't purchase.

Hi, Carl,

The Just Flight version includes all three, but I suppose PSS didn't originally.  Anyway, glad to be of help.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

nice i found thsnks, my friends...work fine here.

just a sugestion, Cockpit lacked only the buttons on the gray panel :)

Mike, being curious I went ahead and downloaded the JF files (2).  Since they are exe it would not execute.  It is probably because the folders are PSS-B777LR and will not have the proper JF folder name. Just a guess on my part. 

Carl

Mike, being curious I went ahead and downloaded the JF files (2). Since they are exe it would not execute. It is probably because the folders are PSS-B777LR and will not have the proper JF folder name. Just a guess on my part.

Hi, Carl,

The Just Flight installation folders still start with the name PSS.  But if you have the most recent gauges and other files, it might be best to leave well enough alone.  You might overwrite something -- such as added liveries -- that you want.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

HI Mike,

Yep, I thought about that as well since I have no idea what the exe, does.  I do remember that when PSS offered the T7 there was a lot of negative comments,  Since I did find the PSS last update I have enjoyed flying the big bird in FS9.   

Carl

Any way I can get in on the new VC textures?...I didn't see any info on where to get them...thanks.

Any way I can get in on the new VC textures?...I didn't see any info on where to get them...thanks.

Hi, Rennman,

The very first post in this thread has the link, which is still working. You need

to copy & paste it.

Clicking on the link that says "HTTP EU" seems to start the download, but I take no

responsibility for the contents!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I have finished reinstalling FS9 and when I go to reinstall 777 using the .exe file it tries to find the internet connection but is unable to.  I guess the site is no longer available.  Is there another way to install the T7?  I have all the patches etc and the original exe. Just when I wanted to reinsatll the T7 this happens.

Carl

I have finished reinstalling FS9 and when I go to reinstall 777 using the .exe file it tries to find the internet connection but is unable to. I guess the site is no longer available. Is there another way to install the T7? I have all the patches etc and the original exe. Just when I wanted to reinsatll the T7 this happens.

Hi, Carl,

I haven't run into this as I bought it from Just Flight. Blackbox simulation

is the successor to PSS and in the past has stated on its web site that they

will help PSS's customers. So I would try them. Also, they are selling it

currently for 9.99 Euros (but you might want to make sure it no longer requires

activation). In the future, if you do a reinstall, try saving all the files,

including gauges and those in the top level of FS9 and pasting them in manually.

Just Flight might also help you out.

Maybe you should start a separate thread on this issue if Blackbox or Just Flight

don't help you out.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thanks Mike,  I do plan to do exactly what you said if I can't figure out why I know longer can install it especially since I installed it several years back with no problem.  I have all the downloads saved, which I picked the exe file to start and would add all the other patches. I noticed the exe file only had a few bytes to get me to the site. I will look on my backup cd's to see if I can find a much larger file say 1.1. 

Regards,

edit:  I found the T7 on a backup HD and transferred the T7 folders, gauges, effects etc over to the recently new FS9 folder.  All is well except I have no numbers showing up in PFD, EICAS.  The auto control panel all displays numbers.  Could there be a font missing?

Carl

Could there be a font missing?

Yes. You need to install the BlackBox/PSS T7 Fonts on your system.

Another Blackbox/PSS T7 VC in the works and just finnishing up. When completed, Permissions from Mr. Frost will be the last steps. She will have independent cabin lights. One for the MCP and one for the Pedestal. The Pics will show below. Remember, this is FS2004 with FS2004 Textures. 

The Cabin lights below are not BlackBox/PSS T7 Default cabin lights.

poejz.jpg

7iakx.jpg

fy6kh.jpg

Earlier stage of the project.

t4m5y.jpg

MCP Light.

zafwy.jpg

1b1do.jpg

This will be the new BlackBox/PSS T7 Default Flood light in which replaces the old red Floods we had.

66fy6.jpg

Tyrone Headlam