Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

'Nice Landing, Captain!'

Said it before, nice work on this one (again). Always a no-brainer to buy the FS2Crew voice titles. :smile:Since some titles already offer some eastereggs or smart comments like 'ok, Speedy Gonzales, why don't we close the doors first?' I'd like to suggest some landing comments from the FO or some cabin response.Doesn't have to be this release though, but I like the way the A2A B17 does this with a short 'that's how it's done' or 'maybe we should practice some more touch'n gos'.Or even some of those youtube-like comments over the PA when I've landed too hard. 'The Captain now bounces the plane back to the Gate, remain seated throughout the process' As said, such things could happen when the landing was a real mess in case of passenger comfort, I'm not speaking about screaming passengers or something.If you settled down real nice, a positive FO response would be fun too.And regarding the current voice release, I have a question about the wiper control when on the ground, taxiing to the rw. The FO doesn't react there although the voice engine did understand that I'd like to have the wipers low or high.Would be handy if the wiper control was available there, also on the takeoff run, setting them to off at a certain speed (still on the ground). Seems like it's currently limited to being in the air.

'Did we land, or were we shot down?' is my favourite, that ought to be in there.Of course what I really want, is Christopher Walken doing my co-pilot's voices, or maybe William Shatner.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Maybe Bryan is already on them. If he could get Scotty (James Doohan) too, you may also hear 'Captain, we've lost the Warp Core' then. LOL.gifSadly, that friendly FE now is a part of history.

Said it before, nice work on this one (again). Always a no-brainer to buy the FS2Crew voice titles. :smile:Since some titles already offer some eastereggs or smart comments like 'ok, Speedy Gonzales, why don't we close the doors first?' I'd like to suggest some landing comments from the FO or some cabin response.Doesn't have to be this release though, but I like the way the A2A B17 does this with a short 'that's how it's done' or 'maybe we should practice some more touch'n gos'.Or even some of those youtube-like comments over the PA when I've landed too hard. 'The Captain now bounces the plane back to the Gate, remain seated throughout the process' As said, such things could happen when the landing was a real mess in case of passenger comfort, I'm not speaking about screaming passengers or something.If you settled down real nice, a positive FO response would be fun too.And regarding the current voice release, I have a question about the wiper control when on the ground, taxiing to the rw. The FO doesn't react there although the voice engine did understand that I'd like to have the wipers low or high.Would be handy if the wiper control was available there, also on the takeoff run, setting them to off at a certain speed (still on the ground). Seems like it's currently limited to being in the air.
Hi,Yes, wipers I recall are set to only work while airborne. Again, this is deliberate to help minimize false speech recognition from making your flight seem weird.On the ground, you'd just reach up and turn them on... it's not like you're focusing on short final.As for "nice landing captain" type speech... that stuff is always so subjective. Some people would like it... some wouldn't.Cheers,
'Did we land, or were we shot down?' is my favourite, that ought to be in there.Of course what I really want, is Christopher Walken doing my co-pilot's voices, or maybe William Shatner.Al
I wonder how much William Shatner would charge to do a voice set... probably more than FS2Crew makes in several years combined!

I wonder how much William Shatner would charge to do a voice set... probably more than FS2Crew makes in several years combined!
As long as you don't ask him .. Big%20Grin.gif The outcome would be priceless I think.You are right, those wishes of mine are subjective of course.But is there a way to make the FO start his clock at takeoff? He does this in some other voice edition, but so far not on the iFly.

As long as you don't ask him .. Big%20Grin.gif The outcome would be priceless I think.You are right, those wishes of mine are subjective of course.But is there a way to make the FO start his clock at takeoff? He does this in some other voice edition, but so far not on the iFly.
Not sure if that command was available in the SDK... I'll have to check.Cheers,

Thanks for looking into it, Bryan.Could it be that the FO waits for the "cabin ready" sign before operatiing the flaps for landing? There seems to be a dependency, but he acknowledges my flap calls (reads them back), but just doesn't operate the flaps until the cabin came up.Now that acknowledgement is the thing which distracts me there since I take his readback as the sign for 'flaps are coming as desired'. Not a big thing though, one just has to know about it.And I'm wondering when/how the other exits and cargo doors get closed. I can see them being open when I've done the shutdown checklist. If I then start with the pre-flight checklist again (to fly thru), they stay opened.Sadly, my FSX door commands (for other doors than the main one) don't seem to work. Is there a voice command to trigger the doors? The 'arm slide' doesn't help so far.I just had a visual approach into KBUR and your software really makes it a lot of fun to bring the airliners in there while hand flying and still operating the systems "hands free". :(

Hi,Flaps... FS2Crew uses multiple threads... but, long story short, depending on what you're doing or what's happening in the background, there may be a delay before the FO completes his action. It all depends what's happening.Doors: Doors should close not during the Pre-Flight checklist, but rather during the pre-flight events routine (you need to run the PF events)... I'd have to check my own code, but the door should close somewhere between +10 minutes and +1 minutes to departure as indicated on the timer.Also, if using FS9, make sure you have the very latest FS9 SP from iFly installed as it includes modifications required by FS2Crew that relate to door handling.Cheers,

Thanks for your answers, Bryan.So is there a way to close the doors (via FS2Crew) without running the pre-flight events and e. g. only using the short pre-flight checklist? I'm asking because they open when using the "short" checklists only, so I want to avoid running the 30min preflight events again on a fly thru. Workaround (for me) would be to still run them but clicking the minutes down fast.

Thanks for your answers, Bryan.So is there a way to close the doors (via FS2Crew) without running the pre-flight events and e. g. only using the short pre-flight checklist? I'm asking because they open when using the "short" checklists only, so I want to avoid running the 30min preflight events again on a fly thru. Workaround (for me) would be to still run them but clicking the minutes down fast.
There's no way via FS2Crew to close the doors "without" running the pre-flight events section.You could try default MSFS key assignment for toggling doors.Cheers,

Ah, those default door commands are a big mystery here since only the main exit works. But I've set the door control in FS2Crew to off, so I just open and close the main exit, that's ok for me and avoids the long preflight phase (or the clicking down of minutes). No problem.Bryan, I think I've heard that EU FO say 'ready for the approach' on the rw entry procedure.

Ah, those default door commands are a big mystery here since only the main exit works. But I've set the door control in FS2Crew to off, so I just open and close the main exit, that's ok for me and avoids the long preflight phase (or the clicking down of minutes). No problem.Bryan, I think I've heard that EU FO say 'ready for the approach' on the rw entry procedure.
Hi CoolP,He says "Clear on the approach"Regards

Right you are. But he's a bit far "ahead of the plane" there. Seems like this sentence belongs to another phase of the flight then.

Right you are. But he's a bit far "ahead of the plane" there. Seems like this sentence belongs to another phase of the flight then.
There is a door control gauge for the Ifly in FSX now. Get it here... http://library.flight1.net/?cat=16Hope this helps.

Hi CoolP,When the F/O says "Clear on the Approach" during the runway entry procedure he means he has checked out the window to visually verify they're no aircraft on approach to the runway (about to land).Regards