Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

'Nice Landing, Captain!'

I had to laugh about myself now. Damien, thank you for that, I really was up to believe that my FO is nuts, but instead I was/am not aware of his intentions it seems. Thanks again.Now I understand your stressing of what he actually says. Didn't see the wood for the trees. :(

There is a door control gauge for the Ifly in FSX now. Get it here
Yeah, I saw that gauge (great work from Michael) but I've kicked out all my 2D stuff and wanted to integrate it in the VC then. I failed so far (didn't try hard though), so my current workaround is to just use the main exit.Can somebody tell me why FSX fails on the default door commands on some machines by the way? I can't get Shift-E-2 to work, no matter how hard I try or use variations of the keys (pressed together, with a pause, and so on).Doesn't depend on the plane so far and I've reset my key commands too, so the exit 2, 3 .. command is active.

I had to laugh about myself now. Damien, thank you for that, I really was up to believe that my FO is nuts, but instead I was/am not aware of his intentions it seems. Thanks again.Now I understand your stressing of what he actually says. Didn't see the wood for the trees. :blush:Yeah, I saw that gauge (great work from Michael) but I've kicked out all my 2D stuff and wanted to integrate it in the VC then. I failed so far (didn't try hard though), so my current workaround is to just use the main exit.Can somebody tell me why FSX fails on the default door commands on some machines by the way? I can't get Shift-E-2 to work, no matter how hard I try or use variations of the keys (pressed together, with a pause, and so on).Doesn't depend on the plane so far and I've reset my key commands too, so the exit 2, 3 .. command is active.
Controlling doors via SHIFT E 2 can be tough.Try re-assigning your toggle door command to a single keypress.

That's a very good idea, Bryan. I will try that, thanks.Just tried that new command midflight. "Cabin altitude!" on the Maddog. LOL.gif Nice sim!I think I've lost some passengers too.Will try the iFly later.

Hi,Flaps... FS2Crew uses multiple threads... but, long story short, depending on what you're doing or what's happening in the background, there may be a delay before the FO completes his action. It all depends what's happening.Doors: Doors should close not during the Pre-Flight checklist, but rather during the pre-flight events routine (you need to run the PF events)... I'd have to check my own code, but the door should close somewhere between +10 minutes and +1 minutes to departure as indicated on the timer.Also, if using FS9, make sure you have the very latest FS9 SP from iFly installed as it includes modifications required by FS2Crew that relate to door handling.Cheers,
My doors close running the PF events about a minute or two before I call the ground crew for P/B.

I had to laugh about myself now. Damien, thank you for that, I really was up to believe that my FO is nuts, but instead I was/am not aware of his intentions it seems. Thanks again.Now I understand your stressing of what he actually says. Didn't see the wood for the trees. :blush:Yeah, I saw that gauge (great work from Michael) but I've kicked out all my 2D stuff and wanted to integrate it in the VC then. I failed so far (didn't try hard though), so my current workaround is to just use the main exit.Can somebody tell me why FSX fails on the default door commands on some machines by the way? I can't get Shift-E-2 to work, no matter how hard I try or use variations of the keys (pressed together, with a pause, and so on).Doesn't depend on the plane so far and I've reset my key commands too, so the exit 2, 3 .. command is active.
Hi CoolP.Thanks for bringing that point up,as I too was wondering what my FO was saying about the 'Clear.....approach'.I was about to suggest Michael's great door opening utility but then remembered that you have re-worked your 2D.You've had me in stitches re:FO commenting on the landing.Great sense of humour!