Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

iFly 737NG...

I had a short angst with the iFly's A.P. to engage, but after a simple 2 minute fix (won't discuss it here for those that didn't buy the package!), I am having a seriously-addicted BLAST with this aircraft and all its renditions. It has taught me to fly in a whole different manner, by having to master the use of the FMC, as well as other active systems. Having done so, and using a free site to construct my flight plans for manual data entry, (the chance to enjoy the cockpit and sip my coffee (lol)), the immersion level has been most seriously ratcheted up.Using this aircraft, along with FSCREW and FSPassengers has made FS9, 'The sim of Heavy Iron'.I find the fact that FS9 on a modern system, gives ultimate FPS performance, and that it is rock stable, as in comparison to FSX that---- is not guaranteed to let you taxi to the destination gate without a number of reasons to hang up, or C.T.D. To have this happen, after you have gone to the length of setting up the flight, (FMC) and proper procedure to take-off, is the main reason that I shall pick FS9 for any truly satisfying iFly 737 uptakes. You KNOW that you are going to progress, and end your flight at the destination airport. While FSX has the eye candy for sure, it doesn't really matter when you are at the FL's and actually...with Heavy Iron, you are too busy to sight-see. In a cockpit such as the iFly--with most sytems in play, you would not. It is all about getting to that far gate, hours away with no dents in the skin. I am loving this!It was money well spent, and like I stated above, has blown wide open the enjoyment and immersion factor once more for FS9...the 'heavy' for 'heavy iron flight...Great stuff...A most satisfied user and will enjoy any patches and upgrades as they come. But as is...I have no complaints, but compliments.Mitch

Glad you´re happy with your FS9. I´m not really with mine. Yesterday I tried to run the TM2 for one hour and it crashed every attempt. Not that happy at the moment.

Right you are. I'm seriously considering buying the iFly B737, but I keep hearing about these problems with autopilot, joystick calibrations, etc. What's your take? Wonder why these products don't just simply work out of the box.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I concur with what the OP writes.Being with Microsoft Flight SImulator since its beginning, and having all hardcore airliners available for FS9, I will say this:iFly 737NG is my best FS addon purchase ever. Combined with FS2Crew it gives me the ultimate experience.:Applause:One day I will probably come back to flying my other favourites (Maddog, DA fokker, Level-D 763 or PMDG 744) but now I simply can't.BEWARE: It is addictive!

Right you are. I'm seriously considering buying the iFly B737, but I keep hearing about these problems with autopilot, joystick calibrations, etc. What's your take? Wonder why these products don't just simply work out of the box.
You will have to find the sweet spot for null zone and sensitivities, but it does not take long at all to do, is not a multiple days work, more a few minutes ans i had mine working, and once you do, LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!!! make sure you get SOME sleep. ;)In all honesty, you should really consider the purchase, 30 day refund policy, but your not going to need it :)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

HelloIf you have been reading the thread about the AP/Joystick problems you will also be aware by now that there is not in fact any real problems.The i-Fly config tool allows you to set the sensitivity of your joystick which is necessary to get the AP to engage, you still have to trim out the aircraft which is true on the real one as well.It does just work out of the box if you take the time to read the documentation.i-Fly could never have set the optimum sensitivity given the range of controllers out there, so they have given us the tool to do it for ourselves.The support from day one has been better than any I have seen in the many years I have been buying payware, the product is superb and is soon to get even better.Even my goflight stuff works straight out of the box, only the LVL-D 767 has managed that before.

Thank you Gerry and Mad Dog, very informative. Best regards,
Sorry that I didn't get back to you, but this is the first time on since posting. As the others have stated, you'll have a blast with it. There is a learning curve...and you have to display patience. Once you get familiar with the process to set up the flight parameters on the FMC, you'll sit back and be amazed in exactly how much the entire flight from take-off to landing, is actually automated, and controlled in real flight aviation by the aircraft itself. No wonder those two pilots were sawing logs on that MD80 about 4 years ago over the U.S.A. Midwest. Zzzzzzzzzzz......("Oh yes...we were in deep discussion over pilot postings at our airlines...."...In a way actually, it brings me comfort to know that there are so many built-in protocols for commercial aircraft not to crash because of the lack of timely,command input...well..until the last drop of fuel burns out like the landing in Gimli, Manitoba, another year for the 'uh oh's...'...Have fun! Stay awake.... and keep an eye on those multiple systems churning out the flight progress....oh, and also avoid ordering the smoked salmon...but pick the prime rib instead when you call up your FS2CREW F.A..... I won't tell you about what happened 27 years ago to a certain flight crew who didn't....(wink, wink, nudge, nudge...)Captain Mitch

Captain Mitch, and everyone else, What would I have to change in FS9, any FS9 add-on, or any other hardware/software, in order to use the iFly B737?Regards,

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

What would I have to change in FS9, any FS9 add-on, or any other hardware/software, in order to use the iFly B737?
I haven't changed anything, and I'm sucessfully using iFly.

Captain Mitch, and everyone else, What would I have to change in FS9, any FS9 add-on, or any other hardware/software, in order to use the iFly B737?Regards,
-------------------------------------As Rafal said, Dave, nothing. If you have a system that can give you 30-50 FPS in moderate scenery, then the iFly is good to go. It is a blast...a simple blast...I use it both in FS9 as well as FSX, and I much prefer to fly it in FS9. Smooth as silk on an i975/GTX285Mitch

-------------------------------------As Rafal said, Dave, nothing. If you have a system that can give you 30-50 FPS in moderate scenery, then the iFly is good to go. It is a blast...a simple blast...I use it both in FS9 as well as FSX, and I much prefer to fly it in FS9. Smooth as silk on an i975/GTX285Mitch
Not quite sure why you need 30-50 fps. My Ifly is smooth as silk with Very heavy scenery at 20 fps.