Sign in to follow this  
FS Hub

PMDG 737-NGX Flight Crew Training Manual

Hello,I'm thinking about to oder the PMDG 737-NGX Flight Crew Training Manual. The info gives: "The maneuvers you will learn include Ground Operations, Takeoff and Initial Climb, Climb, Cruise, Descent, Holding, Approaches (visual, precision and non precision) Missed Approaches, Landing, Stalls, Steep Turns, Climbs/Approaches/Landings with one engine shut down and more!" Okay, sounds great but can I get an example of some pages of a customer?- I'm looking for a manual that tells my how to operate the 737 from "gate-to-gate" from engines start-up to shut down. That means, it tells me how to procede the preparation of the 737, how to turn on the engines properly and as real as it gets, how to program I flight properly, wich lights to turn on/off in wich situation, what exactly to do after take-off while climbing, cruising, decending, approaching and landing. Wich switched has to be moved when leaving the runway and taxiing out etcI'm not looking for a manual that explains HOW something works but HOW to operate the 737NGX properly from A-Z as real as it gets with the exact same techniques as in real-life. I think I've got the right manual, the Flight Crew Training Manual, but to be sure I like it if some people can confirm that before miss-buying.Regards,StevenFor the customers who own the Flight Crew Training Manual, please leave your opinion and feel free to post a few pages to give me a good idea about the manual. But only do this if it is allowed to post some pages because of copyrights.

Steven,Copyrights do prevent us from posting examples of the pages.That said, the FCTM is pretty much exactly what you're looking for. It tells you how to operate the airplane safely, from gate to gate.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I believe you'll also want the FCOM as that's what has the normal procedures. The NP is what's going to tell you how to start the engines and what switches/buttons you need to move to get her started up from cold and dark. I could be wrong as I don't own it, but that's how I've always understood the normal procedures.

Yeah you need both the normal procedures and the FTCM narratives to have the full picture...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yeah If you want to fly as real as it gets, you should get the whole set. Knowing what each switch does and how it operates specifically on the aircraft makes the experience worth while.

Just ordered the Flight Crew Training Manual...So there are no checklists for normal procedures in the FCTM?

Just ordered the Flight Crew Training Manual...So there are no checklists for normal procedures in the FCTM?
Normal procedures and checklists are two different things - the normals is the exact list of steps you take when operating the plane, the checklists are just a few critical items that need to be checked during each stage of flight. The normals are memorized by pilots - it's not something they pull out the manual for. Normals are in the FCOM Vol 1.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

If you read the manual and watch some tutorial online you will have the skill needed to make good flights with all the professionalism. After 3 months of learning I was able to do complete flights with my level-d 767 and PMDG 747 without reading any manuals just online tutorials. You could use that money to buy "just plane" videos where you can see inside the flight deck and have a better comprehension of the environment. One thing that will help you a lot are checklists. If you're not going to practice abnormal procedures I don't see in my opinion the need of the manuals.

OK, I learned to fly the 747-400 gate to gate just by looking at a checklist I download somewhere.So then I should get more than I need with the FCTM.Thank you for the answers. :)

Angle Of Attack i believe is planning to produce a 737ngx version of thier training videos and if the PMDG 747 version is anything to go by, it will be an exellent training tool.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yup the AOA video will according to there website be ready the same timeas the NGX. There MD-11 vid is very indepth so I can imagine the HGX vid will be too.