Sign in to follow this  
Eyal Maoz

Problem With The FMC

Hey guys! Im new here and im right now learning the PMDG 737-800. I have a problem with the departures and arrivals, well the SID looks like that:]http://up352.siz.co....mnil1jbzmzz.jpgwhen its suppose to look like that (NAT3F):http://www.vfs-il.ne...a3as3e3f3fs.jpgAlso the landing is similar, the ILS, VOR\DME and so....Does anyone know the problem? please help!Thank you, Eyal.

The first fix is baed on reaching an altitude. While on the ground, it does not know when that will happen. I think, if I read this correctly, that the fix will move forward with the aircraft until reaching 534 feet where you start the left turn. At that point, the magenta lines will look more like the charts. Fly it to confirm.

If that doesn't work, post a pic of the legs page before you depart.

Matt Cee

Ok guys i tried that and its workd only another airport but in Ben Gurion its didnt help:Watch the altitudezzztzevuy4hj.jpg5yzmyfyoygmd.jpgThis is when i try to turn by my self:ymhitjmmdynj.jpgAnd this is at Larnaca International, Cyprus:kwfeji2mhmn2.jpgAny ideas? someone?

Based on the first picture, in the first post, showing your SID selection, you didn't select a transition. That could cause an issue. The pictures in the post immediately above show the SID, but not if a transition was selected. Again, the transition not being selected could cause an issue. It could also be a bad SID file.Departures like this are a good example of when either people put houses too close to airports, or airports are put too close to the city (or people not knowing how to properly develop procedures). I'm getting confused just reading all of the restrictions. The computer likely has the same issues.One of the forum admins is from that area of the world, so maybe he'll happen by this and comment.

Kyle Rodgers

The transition is not the problem trust me i tried it and if im not wrong there is no transition in some of those SIDs, Anyway im from this country called: Israel, maybe u heard about it... can u please tell this admin about this issue?

David Roch is the admin name, I think.There are transitions on the NAT3F:NAT3FNote at the top ATLIT and DESHE.On the picture you posted of your SID/STAR page, there is no trans selected:TRANSNote below the SID, ATLIT and DESHE, with no <SEL/ACT> next to it.It may not be the exact issue, but it's something to note for the future. I think it may be something incorrectly written in the SID's file. If you find it and open it (should be listed in the SIDSTARS folder, with the airport name in the PMDG folder of your FS9 installation), you'll see it written out in quasi-plain-english, and using the NAT3F chart, you can see if they wrote it correctly.

Kyle Rodgers

Looking at the 0709 AIRAC text for LLBG the two transition fixes are correctly defined and in the procedures. As stated you need to select one and then check against your LEGS page to insure it is there with no discontinuities.

Look guys I tried that right now, I did the same thing and choose TRANS but it didnt do anything...However, I didnt understand what id that thing about the folder can u please explain me that more accuracy?Thank you Im very appreciat your help :)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Sim [Version]\PMDG\SIDSTARS\[airportcode.txt]

Kyle Rodgers

I tested prepping a NAT3A departure from a parked position from LLBG. (The flightplan I made did not specify a SID so I could load it into the FMC). In the FMC DEP page I chose the NAT3A departure and there were the two transitions you showed on the chart (ATLIT and DESHE)each next to a soft key. I LSKL ATLIT and EXE the change. I zoomed out on the ND and increased the range until I showed beyond ATLIT where the path stopped as in your image.I next went to the LEGS page and all the waypoints (including soft waypoints for turning and intercepting) on that page were filled to ATLIT. I hit the NEXT page key and the first item on there was a DISCONTINUITY. I LSK'd the next waypoint after the discontinuity to put it in the scratchpad and then LSK'd the discontinuity line. The dashed 'preview' path filled in. I EXE'd the change and now had a solid path (purple) to the waypoint after ATLIT.I think you need to look at what happens when you change navigation points such as inserting SID or STARS and IAP choices for arrival. Typically you need to go to the LEGS display and advance to the next page to see if a discontinuity exists. The scratchpad may announce DISCONTINUITY. Typically you go to the waypoint after, puch the key, then punch the discontinuity line and EXE it to allow the change.Sometimes on changing a procedure you may end up with two procedures and a discontinuity. You can skip the waypoints of the unwanted discontinuity in the same fashion by LSKing the first procedure waypoint (you may need to advance the LEGS page) you want in there to put it in the scratchpad and then (backing up the LEGS page if necessary) click the LSK after the waypoint you want to keep to close out the whole segment you don't want follwed by an EXE if it all looks OK.Anyway the discontinuity was the reason the rest of the path past your chosen transition did not display.If you need images I can do that but I won't have time for a while.Read up in the FMC manual about closing up discontinuities which can occur when requesting path inserts or changes.

Ronzie I did what u said and the were no Discountry in the route look : NAT3F TRASN: ATLIT:nngwqidyn2wm.jpgLEGS PAGE 1 :g0kznqzr2nmt.jpgLEGS PAGE 2:y1zxjlgdytog.jpg