Sign in to follow this  
ARCO

Has my hard disk given up?

This is not my lucky FS period: After loosing (and re establishing thanks to AVSIM readers's help) my FS9 weather, now it looks like I may have a major problem with my HD. Here is the sequence of events:1/ One of my GF module did not work because it was not detected by my GF config. software, I resolved that problem. And I had to restart Windows so as to install the new GF module.2/ To restart Windows, I simply selected "restart" and Windows initiated its close down process, that lasted for ever (read more than 10mn), I then decided to press the restart button on my PC so as to speed up the process.3/ When restarting my PC went through the BIOS very, very, very slowly as a matter of fact, after 15 mn it is still going on when I type these lines.I don't know what that means, I never had a hard disk breakdown in 20 years and I hope this is not the sign of one. Can any one shed some light and guidance on this? Many thanks in advance.

I don't no if your hard disc is failing,but if you only have one good installation of FS9 on that drive ,perhaps making a backup of it while you can (albeit slowly) still access that drive.(just in case it IS going zing,fzzt, wizzz ,phut phut.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I don't know if your HD is failing either - but it could be that your system has been infected with a virus or some other form of malware which is "playing games" with your system.I would start by running some utilities to check for the possibilities mentioned above.Good Luck!

The fact that your BIOS is also affected makes me think it's a virus more than a hard drive failure. The BIOS does not reside on the h/d.AntiMalware Bytes is an excellent program for finding and removing viruses. Although you can buy it there is also a free version with a reduced level of protection. It's got me out of a few problems over the years.If you're able to download, install and run it from their site. http://www.malwarebytes.org/Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather