Sign in to follow this  
KeithyGeorge

French FSX Airports

Hello thereI have many Airports in Europe from the likes of Aerosoft, UK2000, Fly Tampa, FS DreamTeam etc.But I cant seem to find any decent French Payware Airports along the same quality as the above suppliers.I have one Airport in France which is Mega AIrport Paris Charles De Gaulle, but its a system slayer in terms of performance so I am looking for some decent regional Airports with good performance in France.Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Keithy George

I am very happy with Aerosofts Nice (LFMN). But be sure that you run their mipmap tool, which can be downloaded or might be included meanwhile. It reduces shimmering a lot.Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I am very happy with Aerosofts Nice (LFMN). But be sure that you run their mipmap tool, which can be downloaded or might be included meanwhile. It reduces shimmering a lot.Harry
Thanks Harry, but sorry I should of mentioned I have that one too! Sorry.

Keithy George

Have you looked at the sceneries by FranceVFR? I have heard good stuff about those.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Have you looked at the sceneries by FranceVFR? I have heard good stuff about those.
I have all but their oldest airport sceneries, and have nothing but good things to say about them. Very much recommended.And to the OP, if it matters up until about a year ago their airports received Aerosoft AES support, but the last two haven't / didn't. No word from Aerosoft as to why.FranceVFR also sells regional photoscenery / mesh / hand-placed object packages that have almost covered the country.

The thing to be aware of with FranceVFR is that it is photoscenery with generally only summer textures provided. Makes winter flights odd when you transition to the covered territory of one of those airports: sudden green hillsides and fields with everything outside snow covered :)If that is not an issue, then go for them, as the quality in general is good. Andrew

Thanks everyone for your suggestions about France VFR They did indeed have several regionals.I went with France VFR Lille LEsquin as a starter. performance is good. And, whilst quality / finish is not up there with UK2000 IMO its still pretty good.Cheers

Keithy George

Somehow a french company named Micro Application took the rights of some of the France VFR airport releases for FSX like Lyon and Bordeaux. It was released in France in 2008 as a boxed version. I tried to order it the other day from FNAC, but they're all sold out. I would really like to have this scenery package. It's called Aeroports Francais and contains Nice, Lyon, Bordeaux and others. I don't understand why they never released it as a download, and why not outside of France, as there are a lot of potential foreign customers.

Is there any France VFR photoscenery which covers the Paris to Heathrowroute over France?Peter Sydney Australia