Sign in to follow this  
Ramirin

Lionheart Creations weekend sale

The Flightsim Store is having a sale on Lionheart products and, since I don't own any, I would like to know if any of them is worth buying.Any advice is appreciated.(I posted the sale on the Bargain Hunters forum a few minutes ago, 50% Off)

If you like to fly places like the ORBX PNW area's buy the Quest Kodiak. I've purchased a few of their other a/c, but this is the only one I kept installed and frankly the one that I use most in that category.The Kodiak really is a fansatic a/c for flying in the mountains, landing on short grass runways or on lakes with the float package. Plus you can get from point A to point B at a relatively fast clip which is what makes it a great a/c for me since I dont like doing 50 to 100nm flights at 120kts or less.Here's a pretty interesting youtube video showing a langing on a grass strip in the mountains at Allison Ranch, Idaho to give you can idea of it's versatility.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ_mciV6AvE&feature=fvwrel

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Agreed, the Kodiak is great, but I also really like the new Aerospool Dynamic, and the Bellanca Viking is one of my all-time favorites. The Tailwind is a lot of fun, and I also have the Skylark, but need to put more seat time in it....very neat aircraft as well.Pretty much cannot go wrong with Bill and Co.'s stuff, it just depends what kind of flying you like to do.

holy mother of STOL! after seeing that video i might have to spend the cash for the kodiak and recreate that in fsx :D thanks for the headsup!

It's a steal at $13. Practically a 'no brainer'.

And if you do get the Kodiak, send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you amodified G1000 that fixes some problems and is mouse wheel friendly.

Bert

And if you do get the Kodiak, send me a PM with your email address, and I'll send you amodified G1000 that fixes some problems and is mouse wheel friendly.
is this mod available in the filelibrary or did you just made if for personal use? i just bought the kodiak and am about to go on my first flight :)

is this mod available in the filelibrary or did you just made if for personal use? i just bought the kodiak and am about to go on my first flight :)
I'm sure Bert will hook you up.As an alternative, I use a third party G1000 by FS2X you might consider now, or down the road. There is a version (within the package) specifically designed for Kodiak users, which I use. Great combination.http://www.fs2x.com/G1000%20Web%20Page.htm

glad i bought the kodiak, just took her for some really short trips around idaho's backcountry and am loving it!2011-7-23_8-11-17-578.jpgkodiak greetings from 3U2 Johnson creek!

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Here's the overview by the manufacturer which is pretty impressive and defines why they made it:

I purchased the Aerosol Dynamic this morning. I fly a Jabiru J160 real world and was surprised that the glass cockpit avionics were the same. Flew some circuits and a short nav from YCOR - YMAY and it behaved flawlessly. The quality of the virtual cockpit and external views are all great. At the price, it was a valuable addition to my hanger.

I purchased the Aerosol Dynamic this morning. I fly a Jabiru J160 real world and was surprised that the glass cockpit avionics were the same. Flew some circuits and a short nav from YCOR - YMAY and it behaved flawlessly. The quality of the virtual cockpit and external views are all great. At the price, it was a valuable addition to my hanger.
Hard choices.. I like bush planes, but I already have quite a few in my FS hangar. The Aerospool could be an interesting addition. However people seem to really like the Kodiak..Even at the reduced prices I can't really justify buying both, my FS hangar is already getting pretty crowded. I like to really get to know each airplane rather than only spending a few hours with each before moving on to something else.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hard choices.. I like bush planes, but I already have quite a few in my FS hangar. The Aerospool could be an interesting addition. However people seem to really like the Kodiak..Even at the reduced prices I can't really justify buying both, my FS hangar is already getting pretty crowded. I like to really get to know each airplane rather than only spending a few hours with each before moving on to something else.
I fly the Kodiak a lot more, but they are both worth the money..

Bert