Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

What will the framerate hit be?

Forgot to put, for the 737NGX. I'm just curious, will it be comperable to other PMDG aircraft like the MD11 or 747? Patrick Boynton

this has been asked numerous times... they can't answer that until the debugging code is removed. But *should* be comparable to the MD-11

the thing to catch errors and stuff, good old fun beta stuff

It has been posted before that the frame should be on par with the MD-11, which is pretty darn good for me , the MD-11 gets 20to 40FPS on my mid range machine.Michael Pare.

Well, it would be absolutely astounding, if the NGX has the same performance as the MD-11. Somehow I doubt it, but one can hope. On my system Core i5 650@3.2Ghz4GB RamATI 5560 1GBWin7 64-bit I am getting very good fps with the MD-11 and if the NGX is in the same range, than it makes you wonder how they did this and why the other 737 from the other developer runs much worse than the MD-11. We will all know in a few days, I guess.

Ryan and all the beta testers who have posted have said repeatedly that the NGX performs great and in line with other PMDG products. I wonder how many more times they have to say it before people will finally start to believe it? I suppose for some it wont be until they install it themselves and try it. Frankly, I believe what they have all said and am not worried about it one bit. Their 747 and JS4100 runs great on my old rig so I have no doubt that the NGX will as well considering all the new optimisations they have done building it from scratch. Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Expected better than the JS41 and within 95% of the MD11. We have increased development time by at least 20% in order to implement a LOT of optimisations. And I mean a LOT !

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

What is this famous debugging code?? Luiz Cunha
It could mean anything really. Some examples might be a small running text log that displays items they need to see to ensure the sim is calculating things correctly. Maybe every time the FMC does a certain calculation, for example, they may have it log the textual version of the calculation so they can visually see things are being calculated correctly, or that the calculation is happening at the correct time or at the correct frequency. You may also use it to ensure a certain switch ios wired up to the correct system, since sometimes connecting the visual model to the code running it can get messed up. In that case you may have a log entry that says, "Logo light turned on" set to trigger every time the logo light is turned on. Then if you flip the taxi light and the console says, "logo light turned on" you know you have to fix it when normally, looking out the cockpit windows, you may not notice anything. It may also be programmed to display something when something goes wrong, or a certain spec isn't what it's supposed to be. Sometimes developers completely skew the colors of something in the visual model so it can easily bee seen easier by testers. There may be many many log commands in a program that bogs it down but good programmers limit their debugging code to whatever they are working on at that particular moment. It may not seem like much, but having a console spit out some calculation 1200 times per second can really bog something down.

Noah Bryant