Sign in to follow this  
Jerel

Suppression Flight - Wet Operations

Has anyone purchased this addon? http://secure.simmarket.com/wet-operations.phtml I contacted the author but can not get an understanding from him of how it works e.g. gauge with fx files and also does it work with AI traffic or User aircraft only? I also haven't seen any reviews however it seems to be selling very well. Thanks!

I downloaded a freeware fx that does a similar job to this, I found that: 1) It was a pig to install the effects to the aircraft (And some aircraft couldn't handle the extra effect)2) I had an extremely big hit on my FPS! Yes, it does say no FPS hit on that webpage though.. I'd wait for some reviews.

Every decent flight simulator must have such effects. Of course MS missed that. I am interested too on reviews and opinion of who already have it. Thx in advance

Nice idea but you have to put all the information in the Aircraft CFG by yourself for every AC you want to have this effect. Waste of $14 dollars
A review from someone over at Fs Pilot Shop. I had a rough idea that such effort would be needed to install this into your a/c.

This seems like a pretty poor product to me, unless it comes with a 'live config' utility (a bit like the door positioning one of AES) to place the effects... If it's just some effects then I think you can have it all for free with a little hunting around! I have takeoff (any time N1 > 55%) and reverser spray as well as individual wheel spray and flap vortices in wet weather all from downloads here in the Avsim library... Geoff

Uuum and I was just about to buy this. I would be very interested in some feedback from anyone that bought it. Thanks.

Ok here is my experience with this add-on. After buying it and running he exe to install the gauge, I still had to spend 2 days (about 2 hours each day actually) installing the edits to the aircraft.cfg as well as the panel.cfg files or my PMDG 737's (all of them all the way to the 900), Level-D 767, PMDG 747's, PMDG MD-11, Feelthere aircraft (embraers, boeings and airbuses) and my PSS aircrat (B777's and 757's). I then looked for an airport at which it was raining and set the plane up. I have yet to see the splash effect actually work. What I can tell you though is that since the aircraft.cfg edit places the command in the {LIGHTS] section and uses "light.x=8," command, your wing light switch will not work. I tried switching it on and it kept flipping back to the off position. It's a pity that this is the case since I have bought and installed some other Suppression Flight effect files adn they work fairly well. So, be warned of the length of time it will take to install this effect and the result once you get it installed (or lack thereof)

I downloaded a freeware fx that does a similar job to this, I found that: 1) It was a pig to install the effects to the aircraft (And some aircraft couldn't handle the extra effect)2) I had an extremely big hit on my FPS! Yes, it does say no FPS hit on that webpage though.. I'd wait for some reviews.
You say you´ve found an freeware fx that does the same. Could you post the link please?

I bought the addon just after it came out. Its a little triggy to get installed but it really made my fs much better when raining. You have to follow the description that comes with the download. I still had to do some changes to make look realistic. It does now whatsoever

Well, i have this addon too, and is very good, i have added to my pmdg 737ngx, pmdg 747, leveld 767, thomas ruth a330 & antonov an225, and pa 380.

But there's a little problem. The aircraft engines release a little spray vapor every 5 seconds. this is strange. Anyone had this issue ?

Jason

Hi.

I have to say the screenies at flightsimstore make it look good, and I'd have thought if it only adds a visual effect then the FPS hit would be no more than with a vapour trail at altitude.

On the other hand, if it doesn't affect runway friction then it seems pretty pointless to me. Whatever happened to TSR Autobrake?

D