Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG MD11 (module version 1.0)

Where do I send the file(s) or do you want me to attach them to a post on here?
You can rename you actions.lua to actions.txt and attach it here. Or you make a ZIP folder out of it.If this does not work, simply put it into your thread in the
code

field.Then I will copy it and update the MD11 module.Thanks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,So please find attached the txt “actions” file as requested.Basically, I managed to locate/identify/functionalise many of the PMDG MD11 implemented controls not already identified in previous versions of this file posted on this site for download.Why (I here you say) did I bother try to find them when many will never be allocated to a button on my MCP?Well, there were two reasons for this.Firstly, I have never, ever done anything in LUA before and so was eager to learn as much as I could and the more I worked with it the more I learned. Writing a LUA function that helped me to identify controls was definitely a way to learn more about syntax, structure, nesting, blah, blah, blah. All of which I am sure many will be familiar to others but for me was a complete mystery until recently. I hate syntax errors by the way, with a passion.Secondly, there was some functionality that I wanted to implement that was not available from previous posted versions of this file. So if I needed to find what control initiated that particular button push, switch or knob turn then I had to go through a process that inevitably discovered something else. Why not at least note it down and make it available should I ever have cause to want to use it at some point in the future?There are still a few controls I have not identified. These basically boil down to the fact that (i) I “ran out of steam” (ii) there was no way (that I could figure out) to easily monitor a switch’s or button’s change of state (like the GEAR horn inhibit, EVAC horn inhibit or the entire SISP functionality) without simply and laboriously “watching the screen” for hours or (iii) I have no need for them at present, like for example “PAX load numbers” because I tend towards use of the FEDEX freighter variant rather than anything else. For my own use I have re-organised the file and also made some changes so that functionality, information display and use is handled in a way that I liked and found easy to use. This does mean that someone may not simply be able to copy this file for their own use but it does mean that anyone can copy and paste want they want to add functionality to their own MD11 actions file if they want. In general, the file is split (with a few exceptions) into various sections that are aligned to the way that PMDG constructed their panels on the MD11.Each main section is also subdivided into various subsections within which are located the various buttons, switched, knobs, etc.Main sections are denoted by a string of “########” marks surrounding capitalised text. Subsections are denoted by two “##” marks followed by lowercase text.So for example, I have called a main section in the file “OVERHEAD PANEL (OP)” and there is a subsection called “OP – Electrical” and another called “OP – Hydraulics” and another called “OP – FADEC Mode & E/Start Select” and so on and so forth.I make no apologies for the fact that:-1. I have written my additional functionality around the original MCP only. This is the only one I have and the only one I am likely to own so did not concern myself with anything else. This does mean that text used for display purposes is very limited and so will inevitably be “cryptic”. For example, the on/off and brightness button on the system display panel for the primary flight display can be repeated on my MCP as top line “PFD” and bottom line “BRON”. To me this means primary flight display captains side, brightness button turned on. In addition, a common theme on all such text is that if I try and switch on something that is already on (according to the switch/button/knob/etc position) then the repeat on my MCP will show top line “PFD” and bottom line “ASET” meaning primary flight display captains side already set i.e. turned on. Of course this also applies to the off state, flaps 35 state, HI state, etc, etc.2. The wording I have used to describe things or define things is my wording, so it may not be right but it is how I did it for my purposes.3. Some of the functionality I have chosen to implement for myself may not make sense or be “prototypical” but with a limited number of MCP buttons available and yet much that I wanted to implement, it was inevitable that sometimes I wanted a single button push to achieve a number of different results. Conversely, there may be functionality that others believe to be superfluous. That’s fine just don’t implement it, just as I have also not implemented in many cases.4. I have not spent hours “testing”. What I have done seems to work so I have left it at that. This file is only an adaptation of work originally done by others with their permission. I make no claim to the file and any additional functionality I have provided is offered freely for anyone who wants to make use of it (in whole or in part) but at their own risk and without a guarantee or support. I will try and help if anyone posts a question and if anyone comes across or spots an error in my work feel free to let me know, it will save me coming across it myself at some later date.Lastly for now, once I wrote something and it worked I left it alone. As I have already mentioned above.I did not go over old ground or re-write something when I found a better way of doing things in LUA.This means that if you look closely, you can see how my learning curve improved a little as time progressed and I taught myself how to do things better.For example, one of the first sections I looked at was the system display panel, how to simply switch on, dim and brighten the various displays. I did not want to have to press a button to increase brightness slowly, I just wanted to be able to press a button so it snapped to bright, snapped to dim or snapped off.Latterly, I concluded I wanted to use just one button on my MCP to simply toggle between a day and night settings when the lights were switched on or off. Now all the functionality in this section works, it is just that the solution implemented for the day and night toggling is far more elegant than the solution I first implemented for switching a display on/off or making it bright or dim.Hope this file proves useful.RegardsStuart

• Upvote 1

Hi Stuart!...and Wow! Tonight I have only had time to superficially scan through your work, but I am extremely grateful — thank you.I have to confess that my MD-11s at present are being shamefully neglected whilst I explore in depth the various aspects of the NGX 9/8/7/600 series, but once that familiarisation process is is complete I look forward to looking through and deploying the fruits of your MD11 labours. Big%20Grin.gifMost sincere thanks, im%20Not%20Worthy.gifBrian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Hi Stuart!This is really great work!!! Many thanks!I haven't had look closely into the script (way toooo huge :( ), so just one question:have you kept the old function names from the initial 1.1 version?Or have you changed this all completely?I ask, because users of current 1.1 have to change their assignments if YOU have changed the function already existing function names....And I have to point that out when I upload your work here as version 1.2

Guenter Steiner

HiI am sorry but I did not keep the original function names, no.When I re-organised the file structure to reflect panels on the PMDG MD11, I changed function names so that (i) I could easily trace them back to the panel within which they are located on the sim (ii) they meant something (to me) and (iii) mostly "fitted" the drop down menu when looking to assign a function to a button, switch or knob on the MCP or yoke.I must admit I was not originally thinking that anyone else would be interested in what I have done so did not think this particular aspect through.However, when I posted the file earlier today this was why I made the comment "..... and also made some changes so that functionality, information display and use is handled in a way that I liked and found easy to use." For example, my MCP does not continuously display current flap positions but rather defaults to current VVS and only shows flap or DAF when the function is called.This does mean that someone may not be able to simply copy this file for their own use and I do imagine that this will mean some additional work from your perspective for which I am sorry.However and as I also said earlier, it does not prevent anyone from copying and pasting what they may need in order to add specific functionality to their own MD11 actions file.RegardsStuart

Updated to v1.2added reverser section

Guenter Steiner

HiFound some additional functionality whilst looking for the ADG "controls".Mainly in the area of Capt. side SISP, FO side Oxygen panel, Capt. side Coms Radio, the alternative Centre/Main Gear controls and the aforementioned controls to deploy the ADG.Txt file attached.Same comments as previous apply.RegardsStuartThis time the file...........

Updated to v1.2added reverser section
The new section works great, many thanks for this as always.I was trying to work out the other day how to gain a little more functionality from my yoke and you have provided me with the answer. :Peace:I am however a little confused by the reference to a TH4 in the final function of this new section?RegardsStuart Edited by eeyore

Last post from me on this subject - txt file updated as attached, corrected some errors in the LUA pointed out to me by others.........Same comments as previous apply.RegardsStuart

Hi out there,

is there any possibillity to get the three IRS rotaries assigned to LINDA? If I try it with a macro IRS1 will never work with a hardware switch or button. IRS AUX and IRS2 are working fine with a macro.

Kind Regards Tom

Hi,So please find attached the txt “actions” file as requested.Basically, I managed to locate/identify/functionalise many of the PMDG MD11 implemented controls not already identified in previous versions of this file posted on this site for download.

Hello, I have returned to the MD-11 after many years away from this bird and am wondering where I can find this text file. Thanks!

hello, I have a problem:

where may I found the files for MD-11?

I can't find any download in this post....please help me...thank you for your assistance

It's already included with the latest full install of Linda as far as I am aware, I certainly already have the MD11 folders in my Linda install and I didn't have to specifically install it, even though the MD11 has never been installed on my latest PC.

Cheers, Andy.

thanks.......but anyway...could semeone help me cause the leveld and the pmdg give me an error with mcp combo 2, other addons work, the rotary turn normally but the displays of the mcp combo return to 220 hdg and 00000 alt for level d and 220 hdg and 00100 alt for md-11, i searched in the forum but finding nothing......could someone help me?

thanks

Hi All

It is probably my lack of understanding but does the module work with the boeing mcp2??? I can get some of the features but nothing on the efis display works. 

Thanks

Bruce