Sign in to follow this  
tknudsen

Support Forum

Hi My reason for starting this thread in case someone was wondering, I could not help to see that PMDG 737NGX is filed under support forum and thetopics in the thread is more about the huge big release and so forth, not indirect support related to the aircraft (not yet released) As we all are looking forward to the huge release, might i suggest one thing that might improve this forum? Removal of all topics and threads not directly related to NGX support, might make the forum a lot more cleaner to navigate inwhen we finally have bought the airplane. Suffice to say, the aircraft will be perfect of course he he, but nevertheless, in case of some sort of child diseases (one hope not of course)it would have been a tremendous good feeling of having an clean and well organised support forum that again is easy to search and navigate in? Just an idea, don´t kill me yet :) RegardsTom

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

There will be a section dedicated to support only I guess. BTW Tom, could you pls translate latinum into english ? ( your sig )

I dont like this idea. Let people post what they want. We are all excited.
I don't think Tom was saying nobody can be excited. I think his idea was most posts in the section will be useless once the plane is released, so why have them there. I don't think it's a half bad idea and I'm excited.

Hi My reason for starting this thread in case someone was wondering, I could not help to see that PMDG 737NGX is filed under support forum and thetopics in the thread is more about the huge big release and so forth, not indirect support related to the aircraft (not yet released) As we all are looking forward to the huge release, might i suggest one thing that might improve this forum? Removal of all topics and threads not directly related to NGX support, might make the forum a lot more cleaner to navigate inwhen we finally have bought the airplane. Suffice to say, the aircraft will be perfect of course he he, but nevertheless, in case of some sort of child diseases (one hope not of course)it would have been a tremendous good feeling of having an clean and well organised support forum that again is easy to search and navigate in? Just an idea, don´t kill me yet :) RegardsTom
iagree.gif But why not have a few subforums, like "Public Announcements", "General discussion", "Technical Support" and "Screenshots". Just to mention some... And all relating to NGX!

iagree.gif But why not have a few subforums, like "Public Announcements", "General discussion", "Technical Support" and "Screenshots". Just to mention some... And all relating to NGX!
Agreed. A2A and Orbx, to name only two, use a similar approach to good effect.

If one requires primo-support the best way is to submit a support ticket through PMDG's website. The forum I think of as a "community based support" portal...You'll get all sorts of things through here. I thought of your idea in the past and the PMDG crew has commented on dedicated support forums a couple of times but the workload in administering private forums for purchasers etc, etc it didnt seem worth it. From what I gather, the Support Portal through PMDG has been working very well for users in the past.

If one requires primo-support the best way is to submit a support ticket through PMDG's website. The forum I think of as a "community based support" portal...You'll get all sorts of things through here. .......
Probably true. Once the product - and users - get a bit matured, a lot of support can be "community based". Occassionally maybe with some PMDG people chiming in. Thus the suggested "Tech Support Forum" (parallell to more formal support tickets to PMDG). An active community with lots of know how (like this one) works extremely well. Seen it in some other areas where I'm active (Corvette Forum e.g.)

Probably true. Once the product - and users - get a bit matured, a lot of support can be "community based". Occassionally maybe with some PMDG people chiming in. Thus the suggested "Tech Support Forum" (parallell to more formal support tickets to PMDG). An active community with lots of know how (like this one) works extremely well. Seen it in some other areas where I'm active (Corvette Forum e.g.)
Good point. I'm relatively new to the PMDG community and hadn't been thinking of the support ticket system.

I've been flying PMDG since the FS9 NG and I've never had to submit a support ticket - there are plenty of things that haven't done what I was expecting but I've never been the first one it's happened to and I've always found the answer in the forums. Gary

Gary Lowndes

Natural selection applies here. If all these threads are about the ngx pre release, what do you guys think is going to bappen when the ngx gets released? They are going to get replaced by newer support related threads....

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Guys, The forum is treated more as a user-to-user discussion and support place here - the surest way to actually get support from us is to submit a ticket at the link in my signature. We're not going to be removing any threads as long as they pertain in some way to the NGX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ok, thanks Ryan for stating the fact and future guidelines. No offence intended, just popping an idea of mine :)

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything