Sign in to follow this  
djmads

Is it worth me getting the 737NGX ?

I am a bit concerned about the 737NGX running on my computer, I had bad experience with iFly 737 with the frames in the cockpit and I think that maybe my computer specs aren't powerful enough for something like the PMDG 737NGX and that maybe I would be wasting my time.My specs are;Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHZ 2.39 GHZInstalled memory (RAM) 2.00GBSystem Type: 32-Bit operating systemI am running Windows 7 32Bit I aslo get 28FPS dead on with FSX (I make a target fps on my options) Hope you guys can help Dewi Madden

Sure it is worth it but it won't run very good i think.. why don't you put the money you want to spend for add-ons in a nice desktop PC first?

get

Sure it is worth it but it won't run very good i think.. why don't you put the money you want to spend for add-ons in a nice desktop PC first?
Been waiting for this addon for 3 years and plus I get good FPS with UK2000 Scenery and Vatsim just wondering what sort of performance I would

I have the same processor and it can be easily overclocked to 3.0Ghznot had the chance to download the NGX yet,but the MD-11 has ~25 FPSI have 4GB Ram

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have the same processor and it can be easily overclocked to 3.0Ghznot had the chance to download the NGX yet,but the MD-11 has ~25 FPSI have 4GB Ram
So what would you say would make the difference then?The processor the Ram or the operating system?

Change the system to 64bit and upgrade your RAM to 4 G.B
Will that definitely help?

Did for me.
ok will try it, I will just have to find the money first :( I have the money on the side for the PMDG

Have you got 2x1GB or 1x2GB? If the latter, a matching 2GB stick to upgrade to 4GB is a very cheap option that'll give you an immediate and noticeable boost.

Jeff Hunter

Have you got 2x1GB or 1x2GB? If the latter, a matching 2GB stick to upgrade to 4GB is a very cheap option that'll give you an immediate and noticeable boost.
as you mention that my dad installed a memoery stick of 4gb in the USB slot - will try the PMDG if it doesnt work will have to wait for a new computer :(

Definitely a big no, don't expect good fps with the NGX on a E6600 and only 2 GB of RAM. I've an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 at 3.6 GHz, 4GB RAM only and an ATI HD 5570 and it's very hard for my PC. At default airport with low settings and no traffic you can good fps yes but at an Aerosoft airport and with even low settings you will get a headache of the low fps. You'd take a look for an Intel Core i5 2500K, with GTX 560Ti or 570, about 8 GB RAM 1600 and a P8P67 or P8Z68 motherboard. ;)

Definitely a big no, don't expect good fps with the NGX on a E6600 and only 2 GB of RAM. I've an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 at 3.6 GHz, 4GB RAM only and an ATI HD 5570 and it's very hard for my PC. At default airport with low settings and no traffic you can good fps yes but at an Aerosoft airport and with even low settings you will get a headache of the low fps. You'd take a look for an Intel Core i5 2500K, with GTX 560Ti or 570, about 8 GB RAM 1600 and a P8P67 or P8Z68 motherboard. ;)
ok, thanks for your honesty much appreciated