Sign in to follow this  
FS Hub

KLM 738 WL Livery

Hello PMDG, I'm trying to install the 737 800 WL of KLM by the Livery Manager but it fails. First of all, I do not see it in the right coloum of the Livery Manager after installing it. And secondly, if I start up FSX then I see the picture of 737 800 WL KLM but if I select that plane, I see a black screen. No clear information? Tell me, I'll post a screenshot or whatever. I hope anybody can help me! (: Regards,Steven

Yes there are problems with the liveries of certain aircrafts, you can see that is in bug tracking topic. I downloaded the 737-900WL from KLM too and that one says it's the -800, I'm flying it to Faro right now ;) @Modano You have to download liveries from the website under downloads and then add on liveries after that open your livery manager and locate the file. Sign your full name when posting btw :)

There is something wrong with the paint. It places it under "Boeing 737-800" while it should be under "Boeing 737-800WL"

HOW TO INSTALL LIVERIES

• Click Start, All Programs, PMDG Simulations, PMDG 737NGX, Livery Manager. It will open the Livery Manager.
  • Then go to www.precisionmanuals.com, at the top click at "Downloads" and then "Add-on liveries." Then download the liverie(s) you want and save them anywhere, desktop as example. Now, you will see a .pk3 file. Open it and you will see a .ptp file, example: PMDG_737NGX_800_WL_KL.ptp. "WL" is the abbreviation for winglets, so this livery has winglets.
  • Now open the Livery Manger. At the left, click wich aircraft variant you want. For example, 800NGX WL. Then in the middle, click at "Select Livery to Install". Now, browse to the .ptp file and press "Open." Now, the Livery Manager will install the livery and it will appear in the right coloum under "Installed Liveries." To remove liveries, simple: click at "Remove Selected Livery" in the middle of the Livery Manager.

Hope it helped!

The installation instruction is in the introduction document that came with the aircraft anyway. But still check the bug report thread pinned, there was another problem similar to this one already in the bug list. Have fun!

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

No, it didn't. Im sure i know what WL's are. tongue.png When i try to install "PMDG_737NGX_800WL_KL" I press the -800NGX WL then select the livery- it install's and it pops up at the -800NGX. Try it for yourself..

The livery manager place the KLM 800WL in de -800 folder. U can place it manualy back in de WL folder and copy the entry from the 800 to the 800WL cfg file. OR wait that PMDG fix this

I have also problems with the KLM livery. After loading the PMDG livery I load the KLM livery and get the message: unable to start the flight model B737 8K2NGX KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Winglets.In the event viewer of WIN 7 x64 I get a message about a crash of FSX.exe. Werner