Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

Also the fast-mode of any dial isn't working.
Actually nearly all the fast modes are working (on the MCP2 at least anyway) the only ones that do not are the most important ones, SPD and HDG only have a slow function, otherwise fantastic work Guenter thank you very much.

Cheers, Andy.

@Andy, you are partly right, CRS is quick, but has no display except CRS Inc/dec, Does ALT work?I have to turn the knob endless times and the ALT-values seems to jump back a bit between several turns, they only change in hundred of Feet. I'll try a reinstall Hotfix 4, LINDA 1.1b and NGX 1.3

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

One thing I have noticed is that the "CDU" and "Lights External" assignment menus in LINDA are too long to fit on the screen and it also not possible to scroll up and down the list. It may be a good idea to split those sub-menus up a bit more so they are able to fit on the screen. CDU Alphas, CDU Numbers and a final sub-menu called CDU Functions could be one way of splitting them up. Are you using the MCP2 Roland? ALT and CRS work fine for me, they have a fast mode too and CRS is displayed on the Radio section of the MCP on the DME 1 and 2 pages, the radio dial adjusts the CRS. This CRS dial on the radio section should work on both the MCP1 and new MCP2. When turning the ALT dial fast on my MCP2 it increments in 1000ft increments, slow turns increment in 100ft intervals.

Cheers, Andy.

I think I found the problem, the HDG dial needs the fast assignment re-assigning, at the moment HDG slow is assigned to both fast and slow dial turns, this is probably the case for the other problem dials too.

Cheers, Andy.

Confirmed that does fix the issue for the heading, but now I get a crash when using the HDG dial for more than a few seconds, crash details below.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: PMDG_737NGX.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4e7ce449Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x154f9374Faulting process id: 0x115cFaulting application start time: 0x01cc80e5fecc026bFaulting application path: E:\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: PMDG_737NGX.DLLReport Id: 93e00205-ecd9-11e0-a9b3-14dae9104a3c

It may be too early to say its as a result of this update to Linda as I have seen this crash reported in the PMDG forum quite a bit since hotfix4 was released. I've also just made a default flight with the aircraft so it may be that that was causing the crash. I'll remove the default flight and reinstate the default trike situation and do some more testing later today.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Andy,I'am using MCP1 and it makes no difference if I assign the fast-funktion to a++ a-- or not.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

I dont know what is wrong then, Guenter (or Artem when he returns from vacation) will have to comment.

Cheers, Andy.

ok, will have a look into it as soon as possible...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, seems to have bigger issues. Principally, and that is the good question, we are able to show all MCP values on the Combo with the new LUA variables from Hotfix4.But I haven't managed to make them work correctly till now... there must be some settings behind the curtain of LINDA --> Artem! happy.png So you have two options currently if you couldn't live with the display issues:revert back to version 1.2: klick here Or disable the AP display and just use the FlightInfo for thatopen LINDA, select the NGX, click on a function and select "Edit module" (Developer mode must be enabled)LINDA Editor opens with the NGX LUA There are two lines at the top -- uncomment to disable display -- AutopilotDisplayBlocked () edit them to -- uncomment to disable display AutopilotDisplayBlocked () (meens uncomment the second line) If you encounter any issues despite the AP values, please report here!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I'm really not very good at understanding these kind of addons - it's like I have some kind of 'mental block' with code of most types. Is it even worth me trying to apply it with the Saitel Panels and yoke etc for the NGX? Thanks

That's an easy one Phil, LINDA doesn't work with Saitek panels anyway, your only choice with those things is to use SPAD and FSUIPC.

Cheers, Andy.

It's calling some functions that are missing: DspVVSs and DspALTs I have v1.0.3 installed. Is there a newer version available please?

Many thanks for all your work Guenseli.When I install your version 1.3, I get the following error message“[E] *** LUA Error: ...or X\modules\linda/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/actions.lua:1311: attempt to call global 'DspVVSs' (a nil value)”Can you help me?