PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

PMDG 737 NGX

Module features:

• Most of controls are accessible for assignment
  • Most of actions are indicated on VRi MCP display
  • Most of controls have ON/OFF/TOGGLE/CYCLE actions available

Download:

Release Notes:

• Compatibility with VRInsight MCP Original, Combo II (Boeing) and Airbus FCU panels.
  • Added new overhead functions and main panel switches.
  • All buttons now animated.
  • Tested on with Prepar3D v3.2.
  • See Functions list and ReadMe files.
  • PLEASE USE SUPPORT SUB-FORUM FOR ALL QUERIES AND ISSUES WITH MODULE.

Installation notes:

• Download and unzip it and place the two folders into: */Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Modules
  • Say "yes" if he'd like to overwrite anything
  • Your current Combo settings wouldn't be overwritten, but you find in Modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\PMDG 737NGX files named *.default. name them to *.lua to use them.

Changelog:

4.14 --> 4.15

• Changes ident.lua simfolder to PMDG*737#NGXu

4.12 --> 4.14

• Allows PMDG 737NGX module to coexist with new PMDG 737NGXu module

4.11 --> 4.12

• changed GSX door automation. You have to use GSX Lib now! Important: read more here!
  • fixed typo and added seat/signs toggle, thanks RAZERZ

4.10 --> 4.11

• added functions for EFIS ND mode and range

4.9 --> 4.10

• fixed Ground Power switch operation.

4.8 --> 4.9

• fixed Weather Radar panel buttons
  • fixed MCP display for Wx Rdr Gain & Tilt decrement display (4.9b)

4.7 --> 4.8

• some fixes
  • reworked Ground connections (on/off/toggle) (users have to assign them new)
  • added GSX Door function

you can disable the GSX door function by uncommenting the function GSX_Door_Service () inside the timer function

4.6 --> 4.7

• fixed issue with CVR and Cabin Seat lights.

4.5 --> 4.6

• fixed display of Flap and Gear position on ground
  • added Cockpit Voice Recorder button functions (NGX_CVR_test and NGX_CVR_erase) 

4.4 --> 4.5

• fixed incorrect rotation of EFIS ND Mode knob
4.3 --> 4.4
  • fixed FO's CRS knob functions
  • fixed issue with responsiveness of SPD, HDG, ALT and V/S knob functions
  • fixed Speed Reference display error (NGX_SPDREF_MODE_show)
  • fixed Speed Reference cycle display (NGX_SPDREF_MODE_cycle)
  • added Speed Reference value display (no MCP panels)
  • fixed NGX_LIGHTS_toggle function 'nil' error
4.2 --> 4.3
  • added MFD Selector buttons (NGX_MFD_SELECTOR_sys, eng & c/r)
  • added Speed Reference selector and knob (see NGX_SPDREF_show, _calc, _inc, _dec, _cycle, _set, _auto,_v1, _vr, _wt, _vref & _arrow and NGX_SPDREF_inc & _dec)
  • added N1 Set selector and knob (see NGX_N1SET_MODE_show, _calc, _inc, _dec, _cycle, _2, _1, auto & _both, and NGX_N1SET_inc & _dec)
  • added Fuel Flow Rate switch (NGX_FUELFLOW_reset & _used)
  • updated Lights switch (NGX_LIGHTS_dim, _bright, _test, _TEST_toggle, _cycle & _toggle)
  • added AP/AT Disengage switch (NGX_AP_TEST_DISENGAGE_1, _ 2 & _off)
  • added Inertial Reference System (IRS) knob position functions (see NGX_IRS_both_off, _align, _nav & _att)
  • shortened Air Temperature Source function names (see NGX_AIRTEMP_show, _inc, _dec, _cycle, _SCnt, _SFwd, _SAft, _CFwd, _CAft, _PckL & _PckR)
  • added Trim Air toggle function (NGX_TRIMAIR_toggle)
  • added All Warnings Cancellation
  • user.txt file removed to avoid overwriting existing user file.

4.1 --> 4.2

• fixed issue with Capt's EFIS MINS and BARO modes

3.4 --> 4.1

• See functions list text for all implemented functions
  • All buttons and knobs are now fully animated
  • updated code for many functions and reformatted for readability
  • split NGX_APU_Start_or_ShowEGT into 2 separate functions - NGX_APU_ShowEGT and NGX_APU_Start
  • improved Flight Altitude & Landing Altitude synchronization
  • added Flight Altitude functions (NGX_FLTINC_incfast & _decfast)
  • added Landing Altitude functions (NGX_LandALT_incfast & _decfast)
  • added new Air Temperature Control Overhead Panel functions (see NGX_AIRTEMP_SOURCE_show, _inc, _dec, _cycle, _SCnt, _SFwd,_SAft, _CFwd, _CAft, _PckL & _PckR)
  • added Engine Start Knob functions (NGX_ENGx_START_inc, _dec & _cycle)
  • added new Bus Transfer functions (NGX_BUS_TRANS_off, _on & _Auto)

Edited by ScotFlieger
Version 4.15b provides correct config-mcp.default for VRi MCP1 (original) users

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks Guenter for your ....speedy raction :)Will test this Saturday morning. BR Marc

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

thanks... there's already a little issue: LNAV is not working.There's a double LNAV function in the LUA. Will update the package later .... EDIT: Updated at 23:19 UTC Please feel free to test and report back if you'll find errors ...

Guenter Steiner

I am glad you are on this so quickly, I will be glad to donate to your efforts if you can figure how to create a profile the the Vrinsight MCP Combo so it works correctly with this bird. Again I am glad to Donate some funds for the cause... Let me know...John

the above package already contains a pre-configured setting for the VRI MCP Combo. As I stated above, we are currently not able to make the AP displays work (Radios are working);Now, you have your current flight status shown instead of AP settings. The whole other MCP knobs and buttons work already...

Guenter Steiner

I just heard from Vrinsight via email,..... they have told me that they are making a profile so that we can use the MCP-Combo with the NGX, it will be out in a week or so. Please email them to support the need that this profile be created for MCP-Combo and other vrinsight products. John

Hi Guenter, Just terminated my flight with your MCP Combo configuration. In general everything is working fine but ....is it possible to add the function STD QNH on the BARO rotary button (PUSH function) it should be more comfortable ? By the way thanks once more Marc

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

jep, have a look here .... INHPA

Guenter Steiner

Thanks just seen after my reply post lol Marc

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

ok, module is updated (11:16 UTC) use the link in the first post, please

Guenter Steiner

Rename /linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/config-mcp.lua.def to -> config-mcp.lua if you want to use Guenter's prdefined assignments. That's recommended for those making the first/clean install of this module. Otherewise use your own assignmens config.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Is there support for the PFC 737NG throttle quadrant? I have their Jet Console and I can't get the spoilers, flaps or landing gear to operate from the console in the PMDG 737 NG. The Console works on all other planes. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. This is the first I have heard of Linda so I don't know anything about it but will download and see what happens. Thanks for you effort, Tom

This is the first I have heard of Linda so I don't know anything about it but will download and see what happens.
not the complete right way, but ok ;-)Maybe have first a look into the manual or the introduction here on this site and note that LINDA does NOT support or manage any axes!Just knobs and buttons ...

Guenter Steiner

Updated

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner