Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

POST YOUR SPECS AND SETTINGS

Laptops are good for a lot of stuff. IMHO, FS is not one of them. Willy
Tend to agree, but it is another system with different specs and situation. The more the merryer.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Tend to agree, but it is another system with different specs and situation. The more the merryer.Regards,
Hi Rick,It was more of a response to "very disappointed..."Just seem to be a shot at PMDG.Folks tend to forget or not be aware that the "M" stands for Mega slow or Much slower then their desktop equivalent.I know, I know.....everything else runs just fine. Willy

Hey Willy. Not a problem. I was just hoping to get a really good mix of results and maybe a clue as to why some people are getting exellent results over others with comparable systems to maybe track down the tweak or two that's doing it for them so that everybody (including me) can enjoy this great addon to the fullest ability of thier particular system.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

between 15 and 25 frames at PHNL RWY 26L i7 - 2630QM @ 2.0016GB Kingston RAMGeforce GTX 460M very disappointed... it doesnt even matter if i change the resolution or not or if i put details on high or not, the frames wont change.
This is a low end rig...you can't expect good results... Anyway, my specs are in my sig. I run 30 fps locked with limiter outside of big airports. At big airports/cities I run about 25-28 fps. At big payware airports with weather an LOD 6.5 they'll drop to 16-19 easy, such as FlyTampa's TPA or FSDT's KORD... but only in thick clouds.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

CPU - 2500K @ 4.2Mobo - Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3GPU - EVGA GTX 460SE 1 GB OC'd to 835 core/1835 memory (Overclocking my card made a decent difference. IIRC I picked up a 20% increase from stock speeds.)RAM - 4 GB (2x2GB) OCZ DDR3-1333HD - 300 GB WD Velocirpator/ 1 TB WD Caviar BlackOptical - Some cheap DVD burnerPower Supply - OCZ StealthXStream 2 700WCase - Thermaltake V4 Black EditionMonitor - HANNSPREE HF289H @ 1920x1200CPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212+Peripherals - Cheap mouse, cheap keyboard, broken Saitek Cyborg Evo Maximized windowedFSX.cfg file run through *******' tweak pageLOD_RADIUS in FSX.cfg file to 6.5Antilag.cfg/dll to lock FPS at 30Ryan's Inspector settings from the general forum (8xS version)Only add-ons I use are the PMDG planes, a ton of AFCADS, plus FSrealWX Lite, although I've been using that less lately due to high temps at cruise levelGlobal texture resolution: Very highScenery sliders: Large; 70; 10m; 60cm; Mid 1.x; land detail textures checked; extremely dense; dense; scenery shadows off; highWeather: cloud draw 70nm; cloud coverage MaxNo traffic I'm too tired to go back and do the tests again, but I did a I did a test yesterday comparing the J41, the MD-11, the 747x, and the NGX while sitting at KATL rwy 8R (With an AFCAD), in the FSX stormy weather conditions preset, at 8:10pm, with my view looking towards the terminals. In that situation the performance went: NGX/MD-11 (They were pretty much identical)J41747X I think that covers everything. tongue.png EDIT: I'm part of the PMDG Wide Beta teamEDIT2: I don't experience the random FPS drops certain people seem to

Hey Mike. I see you are using the Antilag limiter. have you found a way around the black screen when going in and out of windowed mode. I asked Ryan as he uses it, but he hasn't got back yet. This is a far better limiter than the original.

Rick Hobbs

Hey Mike. I see you are using the Antilag limiter. have you found a way around the black screen when going in and out of windowed mode. I asked Ryan as he uses it, but he hasn't got back yet. This is a far better limiter than the original.
Rick, Sorry to say, but I don't go in and out of windowed mode.

Can't understand why the developer hasn't worked on this becuase IMO it is far better than the origial limiter and less fps fluctuations

Rick Hobbs

Hi guys, Here is mine :

• Intel i7 920 OC 3.8 GHZ
  • DFI DKX58 T3eH6
  • Noctua NH-U12P SE2
  • GTX295 DA
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance™ — 4x4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit
  • Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Hard
  • Windows 7 64Bit
  • Flight Simulator X
  • Corsair 850W PSU

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

Hi guys, Here is mine :
  • Intel i7 920 OC 3.8 GHZ
  • DFI DKX58 T3eH6
  • Noctua NH-U12P SE2
  • GTX295 DA
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance™ — 4x4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit
  • Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Hard
  • Windows 7 64Bit
  • Flight Simulator X
  • Corsair 850W PSU

What kind of FPS performance etc. are you getting Achmad?

Rick Hobbs

Well i just tried something. I completely started from scratch and followed the PMDG set up for the 737NGX 'To The Letter' put my aircraft at gate 75 at KSFO (With Flightbeam), REX2, UT2(20%) and UTX. Result: 18-20 FPS with mouse pointer visible. 20-23 FPS with mouse pointer not visible (limited to 30 FPS)Then i loaded my PMDG MD-11 Exact same gate, exact same airport, exact same settings. Results: 30 FPS with or without mouse pointer(limited to 30 FPS)???Am i chasing something that doesn't exist? Because when reading the different posts over recent months, i was led to believe that the 737NGX was at least as good as the MD-11. I'm not whining or anything like that, i would just like to find out if this is the best i can expect with the recommended settings and my specs. In which case i am going to start compromising with these settings as far as my taste will go and not waste my time looking for something that doesn't exist.

Rick Hobbs

Hi Rick, I still not try it with the NGX, but in general about 30-50 FPS on VC (PMDG 744 + Addon).. Today i'll post how its perform on NGX..

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

This is a low end rig...you can't expect good results... Anyway, my specs are in my sig. I run 30 fps locked with limiter outside of big airports. At big airports/cities I run about 25-28 fps. At big payware airports with weather an LOD 6.5 they'll drop to 16-19 easy, such as FlyTampa's TPA or FSDT's KORD... but only in thick clouds.
so then, you have a low end system as well

pretty much the same results I get, see sig below. generelly it runs very smooth and I am a happy camper. but I have rex and ut2 installed along with ase and their settings are rather high. so at canberra / orbx it goes down to 16fps during approach at some times but still smooth, wouldn't have noticed the drop if I had not enabled the fps display. plus, I am using nvidia inspector with the 2Q settings from ryan's post and pretty much all slider in fsx to the right, so pretty high quality there, too. overall, cannot stress this enough, very happy.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

CPU - Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.0GHz (HT on)Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe (B3 revision)GPU - Asus GTX 570 1.28GBRAM - 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 MHzHD - Crucial M4 256 GB (FSX & Windows 7)Monitor - Acer S243HL 24" LCD-LED monitorCPU Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212+Peripherals - Logitech G9 mouse, Saitek X52, CH Rudder Pedals, VRInsight M Panel I'm getting around 30 FPS at KJFK during the day. Same as my 747-8i.