Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

Zone Temp illuminates

Hi! Can someone please explain what it means, when the lamps "Zone Temp" illuminate on the overhead panel? I set everything to Auto and the packs are one etc. Is there something I am not getting? Thanks in advance!

Can't help you now, but search in the QRH. You'll certainly find an answer there.

Matheus Mafra

Hi! Can someone please explain what it means, when the lamps "Zone Temp" illuminate on the overhead panel? I set everything to Auto and the packs are one etc. Is there something I am not getting? Thanks in advance!
Cancel the warning with the master caution on the glareshield.You can also use the trip/reset switch on the panel below the none temp panel.

It happens (in the real aircraft also), especially in hot temperatures on the ground before departure.

I had this happen for the first time. I was departing KLAS and the temp was 38C. I just dialed lower temperatures with the temp control knobs and pressed the reset button and that fixed the problem. This should not happen because in the real plane the temp sensor for the ZONE TEMP is in the supply duct down stream of the pack so it would not be effected by external ambient temperatures. It would only be subject to the temperatures you are asking for with the temperature control knobs. In my case I was only indicating a 20C duct temp which is not hot enough to cause a ZONE TEMP light. High ambient temperatures could cause a PACK light to come on but not ZONE TEMP.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I've experienced the ZONE TEMP issue a couple times now. There is an issue with the simulation. I have found that the temp climbs to 90C then the ZONE TEMP lights come on and the trim air valves close and the temp drops to about 20C. If you reset the system the cycle will repeat. I have discovered if you move the temperature knob one click either direction the problem goes away and the system behaves normally.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I put the pack switch to high and cabin temp lowers a little faster.