Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Livery and Livery Manager issues - how to resolve

Did you read in the manual? Can you right click on a ZIP file and select a program (like 7zip) to unzip it?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

i've followed this to the T, including running as admin and my liveries still aren't showing Mitch Bowman

Ok, I do not have any liveries loaded now and I just today applied the newest hotfix.So, if you tell me what steps you do .. I will do the same and see if our results are the same?I am using Win7-64.

Best Regards,

I eventually figured out how to install the liveries using the liveries manager. It is a similar routine, to the LeveLD 767-200. However, after I have clicked on the livery I want to install, the livery manager stops working due to an error. Windows tries to find a solution to the problem but does not find one and the livery manager program shuts down.I am running Windows 7 64Bit with SP1 installed.It is very frustrating to have these problems. Other than that it is a beautiful product, just as all PMDG products are.I wish someone would resolve these issues soon. Sebastian

I am trying to install liveries for the 737 NGX and the livery manager will not let me choose the location of the new files. Is there a correct placement of the liveries files in order for them to show up in the manager? many thanks.
Try to mark one of verions on the left side before pushing the button to chose the location of the livery files. /Curt

Curt Söderberg
Märsta, Sweden (ESSA/ARN)

Hi guys, I found a problem with two livery files. The first one is the 800 Winglet File of KLM, the Livery Manager is installing the Livery in the 800 Section without the Winglets. You can't choose the KLM when you not copy the Texture folder and the part of the aircraft config to the right positions in the 800WL Folder. The second damaged livery is the one of Air Europe. When I install that file, the fltsim.1 part in the config will be deleted and the Air Europe will install itself at fltsim.1, so both liverys can't be used. Nr. 1 due to the deletion of the config entry and Nr. 2 due to the missing Nr. 1. :) Both texture files are installed. The problem is only the entry in the config. Cheers.

Another small issue: crumpy text in the buttons of the liverymanager

Well, no one seems to have a solution to my on-going liveries manager problem so I better create a ticket and hope that someone at PMDG can resolve this soon. Why could they not have left the installation of liveries, the way it was before (when there were no problems). "If it's not broken, don't try to fix it". It is really spoiling my enjoyment of this add on.

Well, no one seems to have a solution to my on-going liveries manager problem so I better create a ticket and hope that someone at PMDG can resolve this soon. Why could they not have left the installation of liveries, the way it was before (when there were no problems). "If it's not broken, don't try to fix it". It is really spoiling my enjoyment of this add on.
Let us know what you found out.

Best Regards,

Well at last long, I have found the answer to my not being able to choose the livery file from my computer in order to install it. Just by happen stance, I clicked on one of the default and installed liveries and the choose file location button lit up. I was then able to choose the files I downloaded and install them. It would have been helpful if we had been told just how to work the livery manager somewhere. Of course, it is also possible that I missed it as well when cursing through the manual. Up and running for now.

I too figured out how to select the add on livery which I wanted to install but right after I have selected that new livery, the livery manager crashes. Windows search for a problem but does not find one.

You have GOT to be sh*tting me! I would expect a BETTER solution than this! Maybe a re-worked program, or repair program! This is NOT acceptable - AND time-consuming to boot! Give us ALL a little support and provide a REAL solution!!!

I used the LiveryMgr new version 1.05 and Downloaded AAL and it installed ok on my Win7-64.AAL-new-16.jpg

Best Regards,

If you go to "Product Support", there is an entry for the Liveries Manager problem, when using Windows 7 64 Bit. I have followed the instructions and am running the Liveries Manager as "Administrator" all the time. Problem is resolved. I wish I had spotted that post earlier.