Sign in to follow this  
Max Kraus

The "No Problems" Thread...

I thought I'd start a topic for those who have had minimal, if any problems at all since purchasing the NGX to maybe balance up the forum a bit. From the outset I'd like to thank and congratulate RR and the team. I have done maybe a dozen flights or so now and really I can't fault the aircraft at all, (with exception of one or two minor issues such as the strange low terrain warning from time to time). I certainly get none of these freezes or crashes that are being discussed. On the flipside, maybe I am just not as nitpicky as others and can't see what others see. I did encounter poor FPS initially and I took the following actions for those who want to know, which has not reduced the experience at all for me. 1. Autogen to Normal.2. Turned off the FO ND displays in the VC.3. Stopped using the REX Weather Engine for now, changed REX textures down to 1024 clouds, which really don't look any different from 4096, IMHO. (I think the whole HD thing in general is a touch overrated) [no criticism of RE]4. Using static FSX default internet weather engine (which for 1hour flights what's going to change in 1 hour?) I also found I was having some overhead troubles related to cabin pressure but upon thoroughly RTFM I worked out that what I thought up to now was correct for startup sequence and switch positions for packs, ISO valve, bleed etc was in fact not right and once done correctly these errors disappear. Performance wise, the aircraft rotates, climbs, descends and obeys all alt and speed constraints beautifully, takes the LOC and G/S and sets up for approach with absolute ease. Hits the runway and rolls out nicely. What more could you want. System wise, you can tell there's a lot more in there compared to other jets. So my advice is there's a sweet spot there wrt performance. You just need to gradually find it. Don't wring the neck of the thing right away, nurse it towards a sweet spot. It's not where you think it is. Make some compromises. Now my biggest problem is potential hearing loss from the amazing soundset in my headphones.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Had so much fun with this thing so far. When school starts I will definately be doing my homework in the flightdeck! Great Job PMDG!! P.S Anyone know how to post screenshots on here?? Thanks!!Have fun fellas and ladies!

This is an amazing aircraft. Congratulations and thank you PMDG. I have no problems to report and a lot to learn.

What everyone else said. No fancy tweaks other than from the manual, good FPS from the start - great! No problems at all.

David Porrett

Have to agree with everyone here, I haven't had any problems at all with this aircraft, and I have a pretty low end system (Pentium Dual Core!). You just have to be reasonable with your settings and not e pect miracles, I have REX. GEX, UTX and UTII at 100% and get 15-20 fps

Dave Scalora

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

No problems here, except the minor bugs that everyone has, such as the slight hard initial turn when going from lnav to hdg sometimes. Other than that, this aircraft blows my mind each time I have the time to fly it.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I concur...for every post out there with issues, I'm sure there at least 100 that aren't posted because there is no need and/or no time for it. I've flown three full flights now and have not had one major issue. The only minor issue I've had was a "Zone Temp" indication, but pulling out the QRH led me to the solution quickly. This truly is a remarkable simulation. I have absolutely zero complaints. With my system, I get excellent FPS everywhere except KATL, KJFK, etc....but who does with the amount of "stuff" going on at those locations? Even then, my FPS are not related to the NGX, but to the amount of AI traffic. Don't expect miracles, but at the same time, realize this addon is AMAZINGLY optimized when you balance the level of detail of systems, and the complete beauty of the visual modeling. Adam

No problems here! Great job PMDG im Not Worthy.gifThank you so much for giving me the idea to move my FSX off of the Programs Folder(86) to the C: drive. I believe that has solved my OOM issues completely.I am flying with the PMDG settings, REX Overdrive, Orbx Scenery, UTX, and GTX and everything is working just fine. Bob

Ive also had very minor problems, i did a 15 hr ferry from KBFI to YWLM Australia over 2 days and it performed well a few monor things but im sure the patch will clean it up. otherwise just ben ploughing around routes here in OZ done about 2 hrs so far!!

Guest Turboblower

All good here too, with this awesome aircraft.

No problems here at all. Works like a charm. This weekend I'll install my new computer: hopefully it will still run without problems on that one. And a better fps as a bonus. ;)

changed REX textures down to 1024 clouds, which really don't look any different from 4096, IMHO. (I think the whole HD thing in general is a touch overrated) [no criticism of RE]
Well, they DO look different but certainly NOT for the better imho! I never use HD clouds because they look unreal to me: they look as they do on processed photographs, not as they do when I look out of the window. When my new computer arrives I will use the same old but realistic 'low res' REX-clouds again with pleasure. ;) (All that HD stuff was just a war between FEX and REX and they should have put their energy in more usefull stuff, if you ask me. Like cloud shadows. ;). )

Same here no problems. I've made several flights all of them on-line and had no problems. No freezing, no low fps even in sceneries such us Flytampa's LGAV, no crashes, and i use only VC. But i take it slowly trying to do things reading the manuals. As i use the plane, the more i see that you have to do things by the book and in the way the real pilots do. Still i haven't done lot of things such as autoland, because i havent read yet how you should do it. Every time i can't do something i try to find the answer at the manuals, even though its little difficult for me to find what i want easy.The first day i bought it, i was trying to start up the engines with an external gpu and air starter, without reading the correct procedure. I gave it up after a while cause we had to go to a friends house. And there it was a real pilot doing his type rating at 738NG. As you imagine the hole evening we were talking about the plane -the real and the NGX :). Well among other things, he told me the procedure how to start the plane with air starter and gpu. As soon as i got back home, i did the way he told me, and i managed to start it.What i am trying to say is, it's not a simple add-on. We have to read the pdfs if we want to fly the NGX. Its real as it gets Just%20Kidding.gifSo, thank you PMDG for this excelent add-on. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif