Sign in to follow this  
Liamkroes

Why did PMDG stopped delivering boxed products?

Why are all the PMDG products now only download and not boxed?I bought the MD-11 last year and it is boxed. The reason i'm asking this is becauseI dont trust the downloading. Like if you download it you can lose it, but when you haveit boxed you have it even though you don't have it on your computer. Could someone explain thisto me? Also could someone give me info on when you download a payware product how to get it backwhen you lose it? Thank you

Burn it to a disc, and put it in a box or CD jewel case (you could even create your own cover for the CD case with activation number on it). Same thing.... nearly.

I believe if you lose it though you can pay $5 to re-download it. If you don't want to pay $5 then the answer is simple, just don't lose it. smile.png

They will offer a boxed version down the track when most of the issues that were unforseen are ironed out. MD-11 never came boxed from release either, boxed version came later.

there are 2 ways u can save it either burn it to a dvd or do what i do is make up a back up of my whole hardrive onto a back up drive so if my hard drive crashes for some reason i got everything saved on my back up hard drive

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

okay, but the PMDG MD-11 was boxed and now it isn't. Why is that??
It's still available from 2 online stores I've just checked at random. AFAIK, in Europe anyway, the boxed versions of PMDG aircraft are published and distributed by Aerosoft. Andy Lawton

I believe that the planned Aerosoft boxed release date was around the six month mark ( after download release date.)

Anthony Milner

Burn it to a disc, and put it in a box or CD jewel case (you could even create your own cover for the CD case with activation number on it). Same thing.... nearly.
Will payware add ons like PMDG and LEVEL-D accept their downloads on a memory stick??

Will payware add ons like PMDG and LEVEL-D accept their downloads on a memory stick??
Of course, the download is just one 663MB exe file. They also EXPECT you to back it up so you don't lose it and have to pay to re-download it. The security for the product is in the activation.