Sign in to follow this  
NorwegianAviator

TO/Go around button won't work...

Hi!Been flying the NGX since it was released now flawlessly. But I have one problem. The autothrottle. I can't get the TO/Go around to work. I've set up the FMC and airplane properly, autothrottle engaged, but when I advance the throttles to 40% for take-off and push the TO/Go around button nothing happens. I've even tried to assign a keyboard button for the TO/GO around mode via the FMC, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong here?

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

just a shot in the dark here, but I had this issue and i'm using the saitek throttles, so if your using throttle hardware, make sure you are also advancing your throttles as well. There is an option in the FMC for manual override of autothrottle, mine was set on always and I wasn't advancing my saitek throttles and so they were overriding the autothrottle. Hope this was able to help you.

sarahguiney,Thanks for the FMC tip! I'm definately gonna check that out.

Shouldn't the throttles be set to 70% N1??
No, it's 40% usually, but I've heard of companies who use 60%. But 60% is usually for bigger jets like the 767 etc. I think the reason for that is to prevent a compressor stall.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Okay, I just checked the manual override option in the FMC, but it is set to NEVER. So now I'm all out of ideas.

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Hi! Been flying the NGX since it was released now flawlessly. But I have one problem. The autothrottle. I can't get the TO/Go around to work. I've set up the FMC and airplane properly, autothrottle engaged, but when I advance the throttles to 40% for take-off and push the TO/Go around button nothing happens. I've even tried to assign a keyboard button for the TO/GO around mode via the FMC, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong here?
To simplify the process, instead on clicking buttons, I assigned a keystroke for TOGA on the FMC. In my case, I assigned: Ctrl-R - for AT toggleCtrl-T - for TOGA mode activation Works for me all the time... The above post is correct. After aligning the plane on runway heading, engage the AT first, then advance the throttles up to 40% N1 (allow them to spool up), then engage the TOGA mode using the hotkey.

Jan, mind taking a picture of your panel when you're trying to engage the AT? Maybe we can figure something out.

To simplify the process, instead on clicking buttons, I assigned a keystroke for TOGA on the FMC. In my case, I assigned: Ctrl-R - for AT toggleCtrl-T - for TOGA mode activation Works for me all the time... The above post is correct. After aligning the plane on runway heading, engage the AT first, then advance the throttles up to 40% N1 (allow them to spool up), then engage the TOGA mode using the hotkey.
As I said in my post I already tried to map a key to the AT toggle and toga mode in the FMC, but still no luck unfortunately. Strange actually. Mike:Sounds like a good idea. Just gonna fire up FSX first, and I'll be back with a pic :)

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

Hi My to/GA mode dont work tooThe F/D is onA/T armed Thrust setting to 40% and when I click on TO/GA the throttles stay in position I have installed the Hot fix but the problem is not corrected

Here's the picture requested of my NGX ready for departure.
Other than the possibility of the second FD not being on (You have to use the extended MCP for this), I don't see anything that should stop you from using TO/GA. Sorry to keep beating the FD thing into the ground, but 99% of the time I've seen this, it's because people don't have the first officer side FD on. smile.png I'm out of ideas, unfortunately, but hopefully someone else has a clue.