Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

Go around

Can someone explain to me how to perform an auto go around or tell me the page in the fcom? I usually hand fly the final, but I was testing the autoland to learn to use it, and whenever I press the toga click spot, I hear a click sound, but nothing happens. I have also tried with pressing the toga hotkey I have set, and the same thing happens. What am I doin wrong?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Hi,Both FDs have to be on for a GA. Best regardsJohn
Yes I had both fd's on when I was trying to go around.

Alfredo Terrero

Okay. Do you have any thustleavers installed? If yes you probably have do set them abov 70% N1. Or in the options in the FMC you search for the thrustlsavers and set them to never ovveride the A/TJohn

Okay. Do you have any thustleavers installed? If yes you probably have do set them abov 70% N1. Or in the options in the FMC you search for the thrustlsavers and set them to never ovveride the A/TJohn
I appreciate the help. I have a logitech extreme 3d pro joystick, and have to never override the autothrottle. Any other ideas?

Alfredo Terrero

Hi, Both FDs have to be on for a GA. Best regards John
Not like the real aircraft, though.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

I forgot to mention I am slewing to the final approach. Maybe this is the problem? Or maybe I need to have an active flightplan in the fmc?Also, what are the things to meet for single ch to appear? I have only cmd a on, the ils on one radio, but I never get single ch unless I disconnect the ap and turn it on again.And, anyone have any clue as to the go around problem I'm having?

Alfredo Terrero

Hi,Might you give it a try with both AP on. Seems stupid but you have hit APP befor the GA to follow the localizer/RNAV?

I forgot to mention I am slewing to the final approach. Maybe this is the problem? Or maybe I need to have an active flightplan in the fmc?
Don't you ever do that. LMAO.gif I feel slewing is a pretty safe way to confuse most of the aircraft systems. Better fly to your FAP and get going from there, just takes a minute or two (I just did the same about a dozen times or so, to test things) and if you use some acceleration like 2x or 4x it's not that bad. And no one's looking, so don't be afraid to bust some 30° of bank angle... Big%20Grin.gif Oh and no, I don't think you need a FPL in the FMS. In case you need guidance for the correct MAP after the G/A then of course you need to have the full procedure loaded. But for a simple G/A you should always get TOGA guidance on the FD. sig.gif

Hi, Both FDs have to be on for a GA. Best regards John
That's not accurate. All you need is the GA mode to be armed. For a flight with no flightplan like the one you're tying, this occurs below 2000 ft AGL during descent.