Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Sennett

VC no runway lights

Hi Guys reinstalled ngx after hotfix but before and after I have no runway lights illuminating the ground in the VC at dawn or dusk but they are working in 2d panel, any help would be appreciated please.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm getting the same and I never installed the HotFix. Happened last night at EDDH on Dusk. No external fwd view lights at all in VC, I didn't check 2d as I never go in there...

If I remember correctly, someone else posted this, you might want to look it up to check if they had solutions.

Thanks but when I do a search nothing comes up ?
Yeah, I'm looking as well, If I find it I will get back to you, but it can't be that far back.

Put in the word runway bunch of stuff showed up but no answer to this question that I saw ? Nick all lights except taxi before takeoff no illumination beacons working but runway is dark, but they are working in 2d cockpit weird

Put in the word runway bunch of stuff showed up but no answer to this question that I saw ? Nick all lights except taxi before takeoff no illumination beacons working but runway is dark, but they are working in 2d cockpit weird
I see- thanks.As Vin said, they don't show up until a FSX specified time I believe. FSX limitation, not the NGX. I think the runway/taxiway lights are on the same timer. If you can't see airport lights, then you can't see landing lights.

Thats weird all my other payware has lights on the runway at dawn and dusk, is that a pmdg choice I noticed the airport lights are on yet no light on runway also why is the 2d panel showing the lights ?Jamal thanks for the help pal

Ok, let's get this out of the way: Are the airport lights illuminated? If they aren't, then you can't see taxi/landing lights. Simple as that. I have experienced no abnormal lighting behavior...

Thats weird all my other payware has lights on the runway at dawn and dusk, is that a pmdg choice I noticed the airport lights are on yet no light on runway also why is the 2d panel showing the lights ? Jamal thanks for the help pal
The lighting in this aircraft is quite complex, and frankly, beyond the capabilities of FSX to render in all conditions and time-of-day. We'll take a look at it for SP1, though, and see if we can tweak it to come on a bit earlier.

Hi Vin: Just making sure its not me, so its because of the complexity thats why its different than other payware ? if thats the way it is thats ok buddy im Not Worthy.gif

Hi Vin: Just making sure its not me, so its because of the complexity thats why its different than other payware ? if thats the way it is thats ok buddy im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
It's not happening to everyone, but it happens to a handful like yourself. We should be able to get to the bottom of it and get it cleaned up.

I've found this from some time ago... (2007) May be of some use. I'm not sure if it applies to external lights as much as it does to ambient light. It's worth a shot though.

For the dusk/dawn textures some people feel, subjectively, the result is too dark or too light. There are 2 items that allow the transition time to be changed: [GRAPHICS]DAY_THRESHOLDNIGHT_THRESHOLD acceptible values are 0 to 65535. Defaults:DAY: 32768NIGHT: 4096These represent the amount of 'ambient' light at the ends of the day/night blend threshold. Zero is perfect dark, 65535 is full day sun at noon in the summer.

Ah some more of my good luck, dam thanks Vin
Oh wait....i'm replying to too many different posts! This is about VC landing lights <vin slaps himself in the head and reaches for the coffee pot> Disregard my last answer. It happens to EVERYONE.. not just you, but we will try to tweak it for a future service pack.

Oh wait....i'm replying to too many different posts! This is about VC landing lights <vin slaps himself in the head and reaches for the coffee pot> Disregard my last answer. It happens to EVERYONE.. not just you, but we will try to tweak it for a future service pack.
Don't feel bad Vin.... I just realized I thought the same thing. I recommend Starbucks. Silly.gif

Lol Vin you guys rock, I had a week at work Like you have had for the last 3 years and you know how much fun that is, hee hee, thanks again for an incredible product. im Not Worthy.gif

Hello Vin I also did a night flight to LFMN but the lights do not illuminate the track (VC)max VivaldiMatley