Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Possible temp solution to activation issues

Hi guy's i brought the plane when it was released, but today i have taken it upon myself to do a complete reboot of windows, just wanted a good fresh installation. So i also had this issue of activating my product again.Here is what i did to get around it. Copy your serial key, then when your in fsx and you prompt to type your activation key in, "don't type it or right click the mouse hoping it will allow you to paste it it won't ". click the mouse cursor in the white blank box, then very quickly ctrl+v then immediatly after have your mouse ready to press activate button on the right. you may need to does this a couple of times . Sounds messed up i know but it really did work for me, but you have got to be mega quick. i think PMDG are solving this issue anyway but try it .. Ste

You make an average of 17 posts a day...Black%20Eye.gifRemarkable.Now, About the topic at hand.
Yeah try what i did above, when i got to the stage today with this activation issue was alittle upset to be honest but it did work for me. You see i tried to just right click the mouse but it would'nt have any of that nor would it allow me to type the code in, so i just ctrl+v very fast with the mouse ready to click activate button on the right.. let me know how you go, you may find that fsx will shut down first or your activation code will show up in the white adrdressed box in caps if it does and it's stopping there and doesnt dissapear click activate again to make sure, then i think you are prompt to just click the trust gauges etc ..

It doesn´t give me the chance to paste with ctrl+p. Thanks, anyway. Miquel Egea.
It's ctrl+v you have to be mega fast, click the mouse cursor in the white activation box so the cursor is there ready to go, then ctrl+v the code and while doing so have your mouse ready to click the activate button on the right rapid it does work i did it earlier unless there is another issue stopping this for other people..

Yeah Steve, finally, after 7 or 8 quick attemps, worked¡¡¡Obviously, developers must have a look into this...I hopeGood one. Thanks. Miquel Egea.

Steve said it was Ctrl + V, not ctrl +p Glen

Glen

Ran into the Activation issue, running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1 with dutch language pack installed (but not active on the login I was using). The fix suggested works, but you have to be VERY fast. It looks like any key entered is wiped almost as soon as it is copied into the textbox.

Ran into the Activation issue, running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1 with dutch language pack installed (but not active on the login I was using). The fix suggested works, but you have to be VERY fast. It looks like any key entered is wiped almost as soon as it is copied into the textbox.
Yeah it's deffo a glitch with it somewhere, i noticed it does delete almost instantly after your try entering it another way . good to hear your up and running though ..