Sign in to follow this  
ga

master caution view?

When master caution is active, were can you see the warning txt, or do you hav eto look around in the cockpit for alarm buttons? No display that you can see alarm txt?

When master caution is active, were can you see the warning txt, or do you hav eto look around in the cockpit for alarm buttons? No display that you can see alarm txt?
Press the Recall just next to the Master Caution to see the text.If there are no problems the display will just go blank again. Recall is that blank panel next to Master Caution !! Fred.

Don't quote me on this but... Usually the panel to the right of the master caution will display what the fault is. However if the master caution goes off and there is no display on the panel then check for any warnings on the glare shield and front overhead. I had it happen yesterday and couldn't figure out what had triggered the caution and the plane still flew OK. Later I looked at the overhead and saw that the auto pressurization had failed. I'm sure an expert will be along to give you the official answer. Dave

Also don't forget that if the caution light is on but you can't see any cautions on the recall panel, there is another one on the first officers side. The Air conditioning caution is on this side. Dan.

Also don't forget that if the caution light is on but you can't see any cautions on the recall panel, there is another one on the first officers side. Dan.
Well spotted !! They are known as the six packs on the 737 ! 6 recall items on the captains and FO side's. The Captain's side is for the left side of the Overhead Panel and theFO's side is for the right side of the Overhead Panel. Fred.

One thing to add. The Recall/caution panel brings your attention and gives a vague idea of the system at fault. i.e. air cond/fuel. It's up to you to know where on the overhead the area is for this system to find the caution light. In other words, if you see a light in either caution "six pack", look on the overhead for the actual problem. I'm having trouble wording this one correctly. Straight%20Face.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

The funny thing about that recall button is that I didnt (until a few days ago) realize it was a clickable button. I just thought it was a warning device, but never thought to click on it. Now I know what the checklist item "recall" means!!

he he thats why this is an never ending learning curve and that some off us can ask easy and advanced question on this forum to moust of the fine pilots in here that are kind anought to answar insted off show us to the manuals ;)