Sign in to follow this  
Kuckoo

Saving Airport Diagram/Approach PDFs to the Kneeboard...

Hi this is what mine looks like if it could be of some help. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PDFKneeboard</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>.\modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> <Commandline/> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

There is a missing "." in the dll.xml entry:

[size=3]<Launch.Addon>	<Name>PDFKneeboard</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<Path>..\modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> 	<Commandline/></Launch.Addon>[/size]

Note that all of the other "path entries" have two leading periods, which is standard for "indirect path direction."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

There is a missing "." in the dll.xml entry:
[size=3]<Launch.Addon>	<Name>PDFKneeboard</Name>	<Disabled>False</Disabled>	<Path>..\modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path>	<Commandline/></Launch.Addon>[/size]

Note that all of the other "path entries" have two leading periods, which is standard for "indirect path direction."

I dont think thats correct. I think the base directory is the FSX directory, if you use two . you'll get the parent directory of the base FSX directory.

treetoppost the content of your dll file as suggested above...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PDFKneeboard</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>.\modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> <Commandline/> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

I don't have either of these programs, so this is a bit of a guess: If both FSUIPC4.dll and pdfkneeboard.dll are both in the same Modules directory (and I'm assuming they are, but I really don't know) why would the paths be diffrent. If <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> works for one, shouldn't <Path>Modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> work for the other.

I think <Path>.\modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> may be incorrect As Mark above says <Path>Modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> should work (in theory). Here is what I have for the LevelD 767: <Launch.Addon> <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> Notice how it points to <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path> without the leading .\ Try loading the dml.xml file into notepad and edit the path name so it looks like this: <Launch.Addon><Name>PDFKneeboard</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><Path>modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path><Commandline/></Launch.Addon> I'm also a bit worried about the <Commandline/>. What is that and why is it in there? You could try deleting that and see what happens (what's the worst that could happen? he he he)

www.antsairplanes.com

<Path>.\Modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> and <Path>Modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> is the same and both works. I use <Path>.\Modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> and it works here. I dont have <commandline /> anywhere in my dll.xml tho

Well, I thought I'd download the file and check it out. Followed the instructions and had no problems with the <Path>.\Modules\pdfkneeboard.dll</Path> or <commandline /> so it looks like your syntax is OK. Which isn't surprising as FSX asks you if it's OK to run the program. I'm stumped. The only thing I would try here would be moving the <launch.addon> text code (the whole 6 lines and inserting it higher up in the dll.xml. I only mention that cause once I installed FSinn and it was very fussy about where it was inserted. Or perhaps pdfkneeboard doesn't like FSX acceleration. I'm using ordinary old FSX SP2 myself, anyone with acceleration able to get it working? Or perhaps simconnect isn't working (I don't know how to check that though).

www.antsairplanes.com

hi, I don't see any syntax error. Is the kneeboard dll in the same folder as other dll files which show in the add on menu?If the syntax is correct and if the kneeboard dll is at the right place, I have no explanation.You can try other programs available in the library. search for kneeboard, you will find some tools.I used to use knbtool10.zip for FS9 , It may work with fsx. Be aware that with this tool you have to edit every aircraft cfg file you want to be kntool equipped.

I dont think thats correct. I think the base directory is the FSX directory, if you use two . you'll get the parent directory of the base FSX directory.
No, to get there you'd need: ..\..\ Each ..\ is one level "up" in the folder structure. See the default texture.cfg files for example:
  [fltsim]fallback.1=..\texturefallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

..\ points to the root folder of the selected aircraft (up one folder level)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If all you want is an airport diagram popup - there's a little inexpensive add-on called DBS Airport GPS that does exactly that. It loads as a module and you can pop it up and select a gate or runway and have your taxi route mapped. http://www.dbsim.com/aptgps/dbs.aptgps.htm I have no connection to them other than I really like the product. Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

No, to get there you'd need: ..\..\ Each ..\ is one level "up" in the folder structure. See the default texture.cfg files for example:
 [fltsim]fallback.1=..\texturefallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

..\ points to the root folder of the selected aircraft (up one folder level)

Tried that, and no luck with that, either. I'm totally stumped. Oh, well...